Fall Crawl 2017 at Flat Nasty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My apologies everybody. We are experiencing major problems with our website host for getting the registration process setup. No answer via phone or email from the host.

WHEN: Sept 22-24 2017
WHERE: Flat Nasty Off Road Park Near Jadwin, MO
WHAT: TLCA Open Event
This means that the event will be open to non-TAC/TLCA members. As long as the vehicle passes Tech inspection, sign wavier and pay registration fee anyone can join us for all activities.

Of course we are not reserving the entire park so anyone can enter the Flat Nasty Park as usual. If they are joining us for dinner or any TAC member led trail ride they must follow rules regarding inspection, wavier and fees for insurance purposes.

1. Would anybody be opposed to skipping event T-Shirts this year?

Being that we are so close to the deadline for T-shirt order and unknown whether we will get a registration site setup in time to ensure you have the option to choose the correct size we are contemplating skipping an event T-shirt this year and seeing if we can find some other reasonably priced item for memorabilia. This would result in reduced cost as the club would cover whatever item we find. (I think I have a line on Molle can koozies - @ASI H8 can you help a brother out )
:grinpimp:

2. All participants will pay all wheeling and camping fees directly to the park.

In an effort to simplify life for Ron and Sheila the owners of Flat Nasty they would prefer we pay all camping and wheeling fees directly to Flat Nasty with the exception of those staying in the bunkhouse. This way we do not have the confusion for those that come early whether the individual is paying camping fees or the club is which further reduces registration fee.
:bounce::bounce2:

3. Contact me directly via PM or cell at 913-558-2oneone4 for Premium RV spots or Bunkhouse beds

Ron and Sheila were also very confused about questions regarding RV spaces and rooms in the house/cabin. I have reserved the 6 premium level RV spots we hung out at for banquet last year as well as the bunk house next to the RV sites. I will coordinate assigning rooms in the house as well as these RV sites on a first come first served basis. The house has an additional charge of $25 per person when more than 5 are staying in the house. If anyone would like to reserve the cabin which was about 1/2 mile into the actual park you should contact Flat Nasty directly. If I receive more requests for RV sites than I have reserved I will coordinate with you and Sheila regarding what options are available.

In consideration of the above changes to our event I think we can get by with about a $25 total fee for registration to cover dinner, insurance, driver's raffle items, wristbands, kid's entertainment prizes etc.

Last edited:
If we can not get our website up and running this week we will be falling back to plan B or plan C. It kinda seems like the guy hosting our site has skipped the country and we need to make sure we don't have any auto payments continue to fund his absence.

Plan B would be to create an alternative site for registration.

Plan C would be to handle all fees and stuff on site at Flat Nasty.

Special Bulletin for those requesting accommodation in the BunkHouse

There will be a $5 per person per night fee, the same as all other attendees camping fee in order to keep things fair. However, as we have crossed the threshold of 5 occupants in the BunkHouse, Flat Nasty charges an additional $25 per person per night for extra occupants. This additional amount will be prorated across all those staying in the BunkHouse.

The TAC club will cover the remainder of the base rate for the BunkHouse in order to utilize the kitchen facilities for preparing BBQ Banquet.

Bed Linens will be provided for all those staying in the BunkHouse if you wish to utilize them. There are some towels also available but it is requested that you bring your own towels. Last year we kind of abused the generosity of the owners and they had more laundry to do than they anticipated and could not get it finished in time for the next guests. This is why the new extra $25 per person per night fee was introduced by Flat Nasty to cover extra expenses. I am negotiating with the owners to see if some of that extra occupancy fee can be waived if we treat their facilities with respect and leave it cleaner than we found it as is our motto.

Well I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad News:
Peggy and I sat down and went over the numbers from last years event and determined that our fixed costs for the event are actually $35 rather than the $25 that @kc_chevota and I had come up with while Peggy was out of town. Extra meals will remain the same at $10 each.

Good News:
The $35 registration fee for Fall Crawl 2017 is cheaper than the $50 registration fee that we had charged last year for the event with T-shirt for the driver.

More Good News:
Our web hosting service has surfaced and the TAC website is back. I will be working on getting the registration page for this years event up this week and I will post a link when registration is up and running.

Special Request:
In case I have problems with setting up registration if you could reply here whether you will be attending this years event and how many guests you are bringing we can make sure we have enough BBQ dinner and kiddie packages available.

Best News:
I am making contact with several new sponsors and our Raffle will be stocked with many more valuable prizes than the Habor Freight merchandise that was the predomiate theme at last years Fall Crawl.

Therefore, make sure you bring some cash for raffle tickets which are only $1 each. Sneak peek will be coming soon thanks to the following sponsors:
Molle Toyota
Olathe Toyota
Adams Toyota
4WheelParts
The Overland Shop
Adventure Motors
Please thank these businesses for their support and as I get confirmation from other sponsors I will let you know.

Last edited:
BunkHouse and Premium RV Sites:

All three bedrooms in the bunk house have been reserved. If you would prefer more formal accommodations than tent camping please contact Flat Nasty directly to check availability of the 2 bedroom cabin that is located about 1/4 inside the front gate of the park. If someone absolutely will not attend without having an actual roof over your head give a holler as there may be an extra bed in one of the rooms or I could be persuaded to sleep on the couch.

3 of the 6 RV sites that TAC has committed to paying for have been reserved. If you wish to have power or need space to park your RV please contact me to coordinate which of these spaces will work best for you. There are 4 additional RV sites that we did not reserve that may also be available. RV sites are $25 per night for 30 amp and $30 per night for 50 amp. All individuals using RV sites will pay Flat Nasty directly but please contact me to coordinate which spaces are available.

Camping:
Camping is $5 per person per night payable directly to Flat Nasty. For those of you with a large group or family in 1 tent you might consider an RV space for cost savings as the 1 tent will not incur the $5 per person charge of regular primitive camping. However, these sites are all typical Ozark mountain gravel with no grass around them and the other 4 I have not reserved are not particularly level.

I'm in; probably just me this year, so I can night wheel and not worry about Eli back at camp (he'll be with me at Tuttle in October).

I'm campaigning my wife for us to attend this year. We'll see what she decides.

I'm campaigning my wife for us to attend this year. We'll see what she decides.

There will be a dozen or so kids less than driving age in attendance. Always a few adults hanging around camp to cover last minute inspections. Very family friendly event. Hope to see you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom