Fall Color in the Catskills -- Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, so 10/22 to 10/23 with an overnight in Stamford. Let's plan on meeting at the Mountain Harbor Deli in Gardiner at 9.

We can then order breakfast and lunch (unless you are packing them) and head over to the Lundy Estate. Then we'll run up Trails End and from there drive to Stamford. There is a good dirt road up to the field in Stamford, and you will be able to camp right from your truck.

There is a rail trail we will actually drive across on our way up to the camp, so feel free to bring hiking boots or bikes if you want to use that on Sunday.

One thing you should be aware of is that this is backcountry camping trip. While we'll be close to town, we won't be close to water, food, or bathrooms. So you should either have a way to dispose of your...or, be ok with digging a cathole in the nearby woods. I have a shower tent people can use and lots of Wag Bags which I'll be happy to give you. We are used to this from camping out west...

I was thinking we could cook dinner and breakfast up at camp. But of course, you are welcome to do whatever you like.
IMG_20160417_191656.jpg
IMG_20160726_195508372_HDR-1600x900.jpg
There are plenty of restaurants in Stamford.

This is a little late for good fall color, but with any luck the leaves will hold for us! Please let me know if you are in so I can tell my buddy how many trucks will be up in his fields.

We are in ! What a beautiful spot !

Unfortunately, as of right now I probably won't be able to make it. Too many complications with work and other crap going on that I won't have time.

Unfortunately, as of right now I probably won't be able to make it. Too many complications with work and other crap going on that I won't have time.

Next time!

Jaf just bought a 2010 4R! Hoping he joins us...

We had wind, rain, snow --did I mention the wind?-- and a great time!

Our kids (@anavant) had so much fun wheeling, eating junk food, and playing in the snow.

IMG_20161022_141104790-1.jpg
IMG_20161022_164757565-1600x1200.jpg
IMG_20161022_120300506-1200x1600.jpg

Things look so different now (obviously), wish I could've been there!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom