Falken Wildpeak AT3W a "Mall Terrain Tire"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The guy in this video has experienced slow "micro-leaks" in his AT3Ws Passenger tires. I just purchased these for my off-road trailer and was considering them for the LC as well. Granted, I don't take the trailer off-road daily like this guy does with his vehicles, but I'm not excited to see these tires having this issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve had 4 different sets of wildpeaks. Haven’t had any issues other than cutting a sidewall while wheeling. I wouldn’t worry about it. Videos probably made by a bfg fanboy.

And queue the resident bfg guys to talk smack on everything that’s not a ko. 😬

The guy in this video has experienced slow "micro-leaks" in his AT3Ws Passenger tires. I just purchased these for my off-road trailer and was considering them for the LC as well. Granted, I don't take the trailer off-road daily like this guy does with his vehicles, but I'm not excited to see these tires having this issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

This guy can be a clown, he thinks the GX550
Is a Land Cruiser 300 series, not a 250 Prado.

Never heard of that or had that issue myself with wildpeaks. Also looks like that tire is old and dry ASF. He probably should've stopped running it many miles ago. Aside from deep snow, wildpeaks always impressed me. I had an SL rated pair on a 2003 Montero that survived a couple hundred miles blasting around off road in baja.

Also who tf runs a tire that's been plugged a dozen times? That's just asking for trouble. And of course it's gonna leak it's been plugged a million times! Those sticky plugs look all newer too. Those brown ones turn black and get stuck full of dirt and gunk when you actually drive them. Wouldn't be surprised if this is some sort of stunt for views.

Of course, the tires I purchased for my trailer are LTs and not Ps like what the guy in this video had. I wonder if that's the difference--though the guy in the video says that shouldn't make a difference. I know LTs usually have deeper treads.

I had a real bad experience with Falken street tires on a BMW about 15 years ago, so I had reservations about buying some Wildpeaks for my LX. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by them and their off-road performance and durability. I have the 285/70/17 LT’s and spend time in Utah Canyonlands area and southern Colorado. Previous Michelin exclusively, but would recommend the AT3W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom