Fairly Priced??? 2008 w/55k Miles | $21K (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Is this one fairly priced? Anything I should be aware of during the test drive? I've owned an FJ80 and UZJ100, but this will be my first FJC..... should I be holding out for a 2010+?

Sand storm color seems to be very similar to the current Toyota Quicksand color.

Thanks for your input!!

What do you desire?
Do you have a budget?

2010+ with low miles are 28-38k allday long, some asking 45k

personally I drove 6Mt/at, 07-09, and 10-14. I decided I wanted Trail Team only - which narrowed it down. Then I decided color, which helped menarrow down year. Then I wanted 1 owner, 0 mods, mall crawler from southern state. Took me 11 months to find perfect truck.

To me, truck you posted is worth 19k or so. But your budget and your desire is key here

good luck

I have the exact same truck only manual trans, bought at 58K in Toledo Ohio for $18k. But the guy had 4 calls in the first half hour I just happened to be the first. Some guy in Pittsburgh tried to buy it out from under me sight unseen sending money Western Union.

I'd say worth it after a little negotiation.

OP is looking at an automatic I believe. Mine is a manual.

I would look for a 2008 or newer, the inner fender cracking revision happened midway through 2008. The 6 speed is a must.

Inner fender apron bulge and cracking happened into later model years as well- into 2009 from the reading I've done. If you dont know what to look for: check the area just infront of where the hood struts mount to the inner fender. It should be perfectly flat-, the plastic trim on top should be flush and not bowed. Look for cracks leading towards and underneath the radius of the inner fender. Look in the wheel well at the edge of the sheet metal where the splash guards mount- check for cracks there and above the tire.

here are some examples: notice the bulge.
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG

Thanks for all of the input, Guys..... I ended up securing the Sandstorm FJ, and thus far, it has been an incredible ride, and is extremely clean, with none of the fender issues described, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom