Factory Service Manual - Helms? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First and foremost (and I know this gets said a lot) I've searched all over trying to find a downloadable version of the factory service manual for my 97 fzj-80. I spent most of my time looking at the stickies related to it without any success. Does anyone know what the latest is on FSMs on mud? It appears there was a day when it was possible to download FSMs but now it appears that has been "suspended until further notice." I guess I'm a little late to the party. :)

In the mean time, I've looked at ebay ($200), and called the local Toyota dealership ($200). Cruiserdan had a 1-800 number to call Toyota's Material Distribution Center, which I did. They told me they no longer sell FSMs and gave me to the 1-800 number to Helm Inc.

I looked up the manual on Helm's website ($85), which is pretty reasonably priced but I'm nervous to give them my money. I'm looking for the real deal, not a Haynes (nonspecific) manual. Their website has very little detail about their manuals. Does anyone know if they are now the official distributors of FSMs for Toyota?

Anyone have experience with Helm's stuff? Should I just buy the one on ebay? I wouldn't mind having both a hard copy of the FSM and a digital copy.

As always thanks in advance!

PM sent

Thanks for the PMs. Warezdog thanks for the link. I couldn't remember where I had seen that before...the classifieds! Of course!

In the mean time, now that I have digital copies (love you guys):clap:, I'm still curious about an actual copy. Any insight?

Thanks for the PMs. Warezdog thanks for the link. I couldn't remember where I had seen that before...the classifieds! Of course!

In the mean time, now that I have digital copies (love you guys):clap:, I'm still curious about an actual copy. Any insight?
If it were I, I would coin up and buy the real paper copy if you can source it somewhere. The other manuals just don't quite cut it.

I found mine for $60 on Craigslist. Good luck

I have the Toyota FSM Manual and also bought the HAYNES Toyota Land Cruiser 80' through '96 Repair manual for around 25.00 at ur typical auto store,,, they can order it for you, if not in stock,,, you can get it online,,,, the book number is 92056. amazingly is has a lot of coverage for the FZJ80 models., Sounds like a large spread of years in one book, but it is well written , many pictures, and done with the typical garage mechanic in mind, in real life situations the average person on here has to work with. I use it with the FSM many times,,, it answers those WTF ,???? , moments ,, where sometimes the FSM can be vague at times.....from axles to engine work. lol. I am sure the other book you mention is good as well. Nothing better to toggle back between different known sources for a different view on situations.

It does not replace the FSM,, as others have stated,,, but it has many times shown the use and instructions of how to get things done, and sometimes with out the ultra expensive tools and SST's that reg FSM calls upon. It is worth every penny.

CRUISER CARTEL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom