Factory PTO and headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up a factory PTO that I want to mount up to my '73 FJ40. The F has been replaced with a 2F and it has a set of Man-a-fre 6 into 1 headers which I had read would work with the factory PTO with a little modification. I searched MUD but couldn't find images.

I was wondering if anyone who is running this set up could take some pics of how the exhaust is routed and how the PTO driveshaft is situated with the header. Now that I have the parts and I'm looking at how it goes together, I cannot see how this can be made to fit. I'm willing to have the exhaust redone from the header back, but I do not want to go back to a stock exhaust.

Thanks!

Yep, I've done that on several rigs. Clearance the flange. Just don't get carried away. It's gonna be close no matter what.

Mark...

Shouldn't.

Mark...

Shouldn't.

Mark...

So the exhaust should go along the frame rail over the skid plate and leave enough room for the pto gear housing on the TC. Then, removing some material from the flange on the header will help clear the pto drive shaft. I'll give it a try. thnks!:)

Its gonna be close, real close...

The last couple of mine, I've taken the exhaust over the PTO. But I put a one inch body lift on every rig that I ever have the tub off of. Two inch on some of them.

But we've run the exhaust above the skid plate with no body lift. I don't remember right now if we tookj them above or below the PTO and I don't have the rigs handy to check.

Mark...

I cutthe flange off the header and rotated it by a few degrees to clear the PTO shaft. then gas welded the flange back on..... ( nice pretty and no leaks!:)). My exhaust is run over the PTO box almost to the floor.....it's tight but it works

The last couple of mine, I've taken the exhaust over the PTO. But I put a one inch body lift on every rig that I ever have the tub off of. Two inch on some of them.

But we've run the exhaust above the skid plate with no body lift. I don't remember right now if we tookj them above or below the PTO and I don't have the rigs handy to check.

Mark...

I cutthe flange off the header and rotated it by a few degrees to clear the PTO shaft. then gas welded the flange back on..... ( nice pretty and no leaks!:)). My exhaust is run over the PTO box almost to the floor.....it's tight but it works

Sounds like I'll need to replace most of my exhaust and possibly customize the end of the manifold. Good tips, thanks! Now I need to find a good exhaust shop near Denver... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom