Factory Locker Switch for ARB Lockers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Threads
10
Messages
43
Location
Springfield,Mo
Does anyone have a wiring diagram to use the factory locker switch instead of the ARB switches?? Sure would like to clean up the switches on the dash by eliminating the ARB switches and use my factory locker switch! Thanks.
 
I don't have any references or diagrams but you can also wire in the dash indicators so they light up with each locker. You may need to buy and install bulbs. If I remember right the wiring needs to be done in the passenger side kick panel. It's really simple and it adds a nice touch of OEMness. I'm sure with some digging you'll be able to find all the info here.
 
Here's one way to do it.
The wiring mods are made at the diff-lock ECU connector.
All the OBA stuff connects to the existing plug in the engine bay.

Bonus: this setup allows compressor-only operation by leaving the CDL unlocked!

OBA With Factory Wiring.webp

Here's the pdf: View attachment OBA With Factory Wiring.pdf

OBA With Factory Wiring.webp
 
Of course, I do have this that I may be willing to part with.

ECU V2.0(2).webp

It's all plug-n-play, plugs into the ECU connector, plugs into the ARB harness. Done and done. Controls the status lights too.

It's the simplified version of my home brew diff lock ECU. I made it for a supporting vendor here who said he was interested in producing it, but since he didn't return my e-mails I guess he wasn't that interested.

ECU V2.0(2).webp
 
Do you still have that ECU Plug and Play setup or do you know where I can get that White connector that mates to the 16 pin gray one on the truck?
 
I ended up selling the ECU to a MUD member.

I'll have to dig up the part # for the connector and get back to you.
I ordered it through CDan, it was special order from Japan and took about 3 weeks to get.
 
Thanks for the quick response, that P/N would be perfect. Does it include the pins or are they a common sourced part? I'm about $1,000 short on my locker savings so I easily have 3 weeks to wait for the part. :)
 
Here you go.

This is a PCB mount connector, the pins are molded into the housing.

housing.webp
 
And since I'm not profiting from this, here's the circuit to get you started.

The pin #'s correspond to the connector and labeling is consistent with the EWD.

Have fun!

Diff ECU.webp
 
One important note: The plug-n-play version above DOES NOT require you to modify the ARB wiring like the diagram in post#6.

AND, (OK two important notes) the wiring is different when using the factory locker connector under the hood.

Here are your options:
 

Attachments

Awesome, thank you so much for the info and help! I already have a compressor but I'm not sure where the solenoids will go yet. I'll keep the factory locations vs. ARB in mind as I plan it though.
 
hit the junkyard this morning. wasn't able to find the exact female, but 96 camrys and corrollas have these plugs (1 extra slot at the end) that will fit the locker plug. they are on both the drivers and passengers side kickpanels, but the passenger side is far easier to get to and to get chunks of wire with. they are in a little plastic cubby, but there's just a clip holding them in...just grab the plug and wiggle while pulling and it will pull out of the electrical cubby it's in. bonus find was seat heater switches in a celica
IMG_20150321_114851_612.webp
 
Of course, I do have this that I may be willing to part with.

View attachment 877142

It's all plug-n-play, plugs into the ECU connector, plugs into the ARB harness. Done and done. Controls the status lights too.

It's the simplified version of my home brew diff lock ECU. I made it for a supporting vendor here who said he was interested in producing it, but since he didn't return my e-mails I guess he wasn't that interested.

View attachment 877142
I am planning my ARB rear the 488 locker job.

I'm on the fence if I should integrate to the factory switch or just stick with the ARB air locker switches.

Time is an item I don't have a lot of are you still making this plug and Play module to integrate the factory switch?

I'm interested, as dash slots for rocker switches are a premium in short supply.
 
...are you still making this plug and Play module to integrate the factory switch?
Sorry, that was just a prototype. It would have required a proper PCB for mass production, and an investment in a minimum quantity to make it cost effective. I'm just a hobbyist, not a manufacturer.

There should be enough information above for you to DIY, the integration is really pretty simple.
 
Sorry, that was just a prototype. It would have required a proper PCB for mass production, and an investment in a minimum quantity to make it cost effective. I'm just a hobbyist, not a manufacturer.

There should be enough information above for you to DIY, the integration is really pretty simple.
Thanks for getting back. I'll do some digging on what's working for folks as well as a schematic.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom