Wanted Expo Ready Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having covered a lot of highway and a lot of off road with my 100, I dont think a re-gear is necessary, it's more of a luxury. Air lockers are great though (have those F/R).

Having covered a lot of highway and a lot of off road with my 100, I dont think a re-gear is necessary, it's more of a luxury. Air lockers are great though (have those F/R).
the re gearing is just as much for going slower and having more control off road so you don't break things or get into bad situations, the 100series is too fast in low as it is. "highway miles" has little to do with why you re gear, its for more control in low and going slower offload, which is also why you get lockers. same reason rock crawlers run dual cases, but in that case its much more extreme. It also takes load off off your transmission any increase in tire size puts more stress on the rest of the drivetrain if you do not re gear. Its physics, not opinion really. Control off road is the biggest reason, if you don't want control off road than you don't need armor and lockers.

You sound like one of those people I learned a long time ago not to argue with on the internet.....

So..... Ok :)

I come from the background of rock crawling and the best way to prevent breaking on the trail is having the gearing as low as possible. Keeping the drivetrain stress to stock ratio with the added weight of a built rig is a good thing. Opinion is ' it works fine' but physics says its causing more harm than good, and its an easy fix to have correct gearing. Cheers !

I would sell you my 100 series, Ive been wanting to get into a 200 for a little while. Heres the original add from after I first bought it:
99 100 series Land Cruiser

I put new 295/75/16 bfg's on it a month or two ago, new speakers in all doors, double din stereo with backup cam. Also I color match painted the black stripe in the original add white.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom