SOLD Expedition Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After giving it a lot of thought I have decided its time to let my expo trailer go. I’m feeling the urge to start a new project.

Basics (I’m sure I will forget something,)

Build Thread
Many, many pics in the build thread

IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1033.JPG

Built in 2012
Approximately 12,000 miles, since built.
Powder Coated
Stored indoors when not in use
Multi Axis hitch
7 pin wiring (can work w/ 4 flat adapter, but only the STT and marker lights when doing so)
3500lb axle w/ electric brakes
255/85R16(33”) BFG KM2 tires
Jeep Wrangler (TJ) Rubicon Wheels (Requires the use of spacers to clear the hubs)
Springs are from the rear of a pre taco Toyota truck
Mombassa Adventure Annex RTT

Marinco/ Guest onboard charger (can charge batteries from shore power or tow vehicle)
Blue Sea Systems switch/ fuse panel
Two 12v deep cycle batteries
All LED Lighting (STT, Marker Lights, LED Cube Reverse Light)
ARB 50 QT fridge

Water heater
2- 11lb propane tanks
25 Gallon fresh water tank w/ 12V pump
interchangeable double & triple Jerry Can Mounts
The entire center section floor is mounted to a slide that can be stood on when fully extended
10’ Cantilever Umbrella
Rear receiver hitch/ recovery point

Known Issues

I had to re-sew a few inches of the zipper to the tent fabric just above the ladder.

The lid of the trailer (under the tent) is marked up from my storing my upper doors there for thousands of miles

I put the trailer on its side in New Mexico a couple of years ago, which scratched the lid & fender, and broke a marker light (I replaced the light, I have always viewed the scratches as trophies)
IMG_4466.PNG

FYI the entire weight of the trailer is on the fender in this pic
IMG_4467.JPG

Trophy scratches....
IMG_4469.JPG

The springs are tired and need to be replaced (they are fine when unloaded, but with a full load of water / fuel it bottoms out sooner than I would like.

If I had it to do over again I would not have mounted the 33” tires. The 33’s work fine, I just liked 30’s more.

If I were keeping it I would install new springs and change back to 30” tires, but since I have decided to sell it I do not want to put money into parts or a setup that a potential buyer may not be interested in.

At the asking price I will install new springs w/ new bushings, ubolts, etc to suit the buyer’s tire size preference. (Assuming a tire size between 29”-33”) The OE Jeep wheels and spacers can be easily swapped for run of the mill 15x8 or 15x7 steel wheels at the buyers expense (3” backspacing would match the current track width (roughly 58”))

$11,500

Last edited:
Hey @barefoot i sent you a PM. Wondering if you sold the trailer yet. Not a tire kicker, cash payment and local as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom