Expedition Laptop - Considering Panasonic ToughBook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a toughbook 74 and love it. It was expensive, but it is far beyond the quality of any other laptop out there. The 74 is the fast semi-rugged, but is probably one of the more rugged of the semi-rugged. I've had a couple minor drops without any problems.

Unlike most laptops, it doesn't creak at all. The touchscreen is great, and it is also extremely bright.

I've also used a buddies cf-18, which is really cool, but has a much slower processor and lacks a built in optical drive.

I've used mine for GPS mapping, but have yet to get an OBDII reader but it should work fine for that.

The only real downside I see is price. For the price of my CF74, I could gotten 5 bottom-of-the-line Dells, then again, for the price of my Landcruiser I could have gotten 3 ford explorers.

We use the tough book in the fire trucks at work. Beleive me, these things get hammered on. We call them firefighter proof as they just keep on going. Seeing in the daylight is not a concern. I use a toshiba satellite for my personal use and love it but I'm afraid it might snap in half one day. Get the toughbook. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom