Expedition FJ45-old school (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Finally remembered to come back to this forum!:eek:

Most of the pics and specs on my build are on this Pirate thread, [so I can save Woody's bandwith by not reposting them here]:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617550

The combination worked out very well for me overall. I will need to readjust the length of my bumpstops now that I have a better 'feel' for how much the loaded rig will drop the bed height towards the axle. Gotta love those flexy springs!

Also not noted in the previous specs and pics are a pair of ConFerr rack crossbars that I welded to the underside of the top of the bed bar for loading boxes into the top of the rack that would still be above the rear window height. I ended up with three boxes that fit the bill perfectly and provided for keeping all my meals 'high and dry'.

At the end of my 15 day journey to and from Canyonlands, UT, I found that I still had enough supplies on hand to do a third week out. I knew that I'd packed too much!

AE3820EB-3ECA-4162-B089-9EAB08E8944B.jpeg

old skool...

Not much has changed in the last 10 years. If it ain’t broke...
DEECE369-AC40-4A2A-9D82-57539751B66C.jpeg

Coming out of Death Valley last October. Going back in next week.

The word "cool" doesn't begin to describe this. Love everything about this...

Very nice, love the simple, old school functional

The only way to roll.:beer:

B3E7B3C5-9DA8-4609-9BA6-411DAA7C65AE.jpeg

Only change is now I’m sporting one of those fancy magnetic paper towel holders @surfpig mentioned in the favorite campsite luxury thread. With the ability to adjust the tension on the roll, it never faltered, even in the windstorm that sacked my tent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom