exhaust options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The exhaust on my 94 has been patched it's last time and is scheduled for replacement (downpipes back) July 15th. I'm happy with the exhaust volume (I think it's a Walker OE type replacement muffler and the stock rear resonator) so I'd like to continue the sound levels. Any suggestions for a stainless OE style muffler? The 80 is my DD and I don't want to sound like a damn ricer or deal with the drone. I only have visual emission inspection so I will be replacing the dual cats with a single cat. Should I get the downpipe off the 97 LC and have the muffler shop use that as a template? Whenever I did exhaust on my cars in the past, I always went loud and bigger. What size pipe should I specify? 2.5"? I've had my truck over 2 years and I am really looking forward to having it leak free. Sounds like a tractor

Might want to check with smog nazis about cats. 94 has 2 side by side. Later rigs have 2 inline. You may be ok with 1 modern 3 way cat. I am here In Az.

Might want to check with smog nazis about cats. 94 has 2 side by side. Later rigs have 2 inline. You may be ok with 1 modern 3 way cat. I am here In Az.
Good point. I'm in PA, no hard emissions testing here for non obd2

On my '93, I am using a Magnaflow downpipe and cat for a '95-'97. Custom pipe over the frame into a SS Walker muffler for a '98 Dodge Durango of all things. Then into a stock tailpipe. It is a quiet exhaust, the walker muffler I used is truly as long as can physically fit is the space.

To use the later downpipe and cat you will have to remove the PAIR system and relocate the O2 sensors to the exhaust manifolds. Then block off the O2 sensor bung on the pipe itself.

On my '93, I am using a Magnaflow downpipe and cat for a '95-'97. Custom pipe over the frame into a SS Walker muffler for a '98 Dodge Durango of all things. Then into a stock tailpipe. It is a quiet exhaust, the walker muffler I used is truly as long as can physically fit is the space.

To use the later downpipe and cat you will have to remove the PAIR system and relocate the O2 sensors to the exhaust manifolds. Then block off the O2 sensor bung on the pipe itself.
Thanks Pete. I'll see what they can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom