Exhaust Hangers (1 Viewer)

Basically I don't have any. My whole exhaust is mounted to solid points on the undercarriage with nuts and bolts.

I am wondering if all 80's are like this or did the PO of my truck do this? It does have an aftermarket exhaust so I know there has been exhaust work done.

I get slight resonance in the cabin at around 2300 RPMs but nothing unbearable.

You should include the year of your truck when you ask a question. There are 3 mounting points on my exhaust. Mine is a 91 so yours may be different. Each mount has a cushion that consists of 2 flat pieces of steel bonded to a hard rubber center.

I could be wrong but I think all 80s came with soft mounting for the exhaust. No doubt yours was hard mounted when the after market exhaust was put on. If it were me, I would want to replace that with soft mounting points because that HAS to be transmitting vibrations/noise into the truck.

You should include the year of your truck when you ask a question. There are 3 mounting points on my exhaust. Mine is a 91 so yours may be different. Each mount has a cushion that consists of 2 flat pieces of steel bonded to a hard rubber center.

1995, updated my sig, good point jon.

will look into retrofitting the rubber isolators. One more thing to buy while I am baselining the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom