ENGINE WIRING 1UZ 2UZ & 3UZ and immobilizer removal services (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there an easy subharness you can build to make a first gen Tundra 2UZ compatible with a manual transmission without throwing any codes. Seems it would just need to plug into the trans harness and fool the ECU that the trans is still connected. I think the clutch switch can be used for the P/N switch, and at least one VSS can be gathered from the manual trans, but the solenoid function checks and other VSS would be the issue.

I just like manual transmissions, but want to upsize to a dual cab tundra, thought a manual conversion would be fun. Thinking a 5 speed with transfer from a Tacoma would go in pretty easily.

There is differently a way to make a plug and play to an existing transmission harness in order to make the ECU think the transmission is there and completely functional. It is nice to have absolutely no codes and i am going to be working on this devise very soon. At the moment just tied down with wiring but as soon as things calm down ill get into building it. Making it think the solenoids are there is no problem but the speed sensors would need to be run through a microcontroller. Would probably be better to have a plug and play through the ECU connectors in order to be able to remove the old transmission harness if wanting to.

That would be really helpful kit. I don't have direct experience with it, but I assume you have a couple of feet of transmission loom, that also contains the transfer case control wiring and backup light switch and such. Seems cleanest is either detach at ecu with short loom to conversion board, or separate the connectors from the tranny loom and bring them back up to the firewall to the conversion parts. That was the approach I had in mind. A simple board with the needed resistors and park switch mounted high on the firewall. Leaves the loom mostly intact.

@Bripars40 - Give Tim a call at the number above. He's very responsive and will talk through the "options" for your harness. I went the the process with a 1UZ engine harness and Tim gets a 5 star review. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just checking if you guys are still making harnesses for the UZ family.... Thanks!

Yes we do wiring on all the Lexus / Toyota engines. Immobilizer removal and ECU Flashing.. What is your project? Which engine are you looking at using?
I am looking at a 3uz /w59 (manual transmission)... it's the one I want to run if wiring isn't an issue. I believe the throttle is drive by wire. I assuming you send in the engine wiring harness and ECU to get flashed? What is the going rate and is there anything you recommend?

I am looking at a 3uz /w59 (manual transmission)... it's the one I want to run if wiring isn't an issue. I believe the throttle is drive by wire. I assuming you send in the engine wiring harness and ECU to get flashed? What is the going rate and is there anything you recommend?
3UZ great choice of engine. Throttle by wire is no issue at all. We do our own flashing. All our work is done inhouse. . The starting cost of wiring is 550 at this stage and the immobilizer is 140 to bypass on a 3UZ. We do not charge for flashing if we do your wiring into a standalone. ECU will be flashed to suit the application of the engine. All we would need is the engine harness and ECU. You would need to fill out a client form and send that together with the harness so we know whos harness belongs to who. Turn around time is usually around two weeks. Once wired we will send you a video of your harness test run on one of our shop engines.

Awesome, my 3uz will be here the tail end of this week! Is there a link you could send me to fill out and get the ball rolling. Thanks again!

Thank you, my shipment was delayed a week but I will post photos here and ship the wiring harness out ASAP.

The eagle has landed. I will work on getting this stuff ready this weekend to ship out to you! Thanks again!

EC1D193B-645D-4E4A-A93E-F8CC7655102F.jpeg

A4893A5E-F572-4611-A520-576998D4E814.jpeg

Well that took longer than expected, I had the 70 series ac go out and that project took precedence. Living in Florida without ac is horrible. 😂 I’ll ship it out by UPS tomorrow!

030D8289-2611-4F40-BDB6-83450BBBF499.jpeg

16EF59B2-6AE8-4358-8381-C882B39BCFEE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom