Engine mounts proper seating (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don’t like how the engine mounts look. Side to side they look about as good as I can get them. Up/down is another story.
This is the left side

79CD1523-8207-4C9A-9092-67BFB5C29947.jpeg

This is the right side
1DBCABC5-7F7D-4855-A807-2E43E1691721.jpeg

I think that mount will be destroyed fairly quickly. Is there enough meat on the chassis part of the mount to weld up the original hole and move it out 10mm or so?

OK I thought you had done a conversion.. do you have your old mount still? I would do a comparison, or reinstall your old one.. something is not right. I would not run that mount as is.

I lifted the engine again took all the engine mount parts and compared all the parts with it’s siblings to see if any parts were different. As far as I could tell all pairs were the same. Looked in the parts manual again and noticed a different part number for the first year HJ75, for the rubber engine mounts. I ordered the part number for the later years, so that may be partly responsible for the fitment issues. I mounted everything from the rear forward and the rubber mounts seem to sit better. Placed an order for the right part number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom