Engine Check Light? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Part # 90910-12079 Valve, Vacuum switch.  

OK, so I finally got this part and B - it looks nothing like your picture. Maybe I should have asked you or Dan for the part number or better yet ordered it from Cdan cause maybe I got the wrong part. Can either of you please verify the part #? I may have access to a lift on Fri and want to see if I can get this frickin beater running correctly FINALLY. :D

Junk,

The 90910-12079 is one of the two valves under the plenum. the other one is a 90910-12043. I have both on front of me right now. The '12079 has a dark blue body, the '12043 has a brown body and a little air filter thingy on one end. They both are mounted in Cad plated metal brackets with part number labels that match up with the labels on the boxes.

Dan :beer:

Dan,
Which one looks like the pics? I'm headed home for lunch and will get the p/n from the old one. I think it's still on the work bench.
-B-

So Cdan - which one is the VSV :slap: :D- big Junkola gotta know so I can get the right one .... PLEASE. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Beo,
I can't see the pics from work. (internet cops).

Junk,
They are both vsv's they are both under there. The dumb catalog :slap: just calls them #1 and #2, it doesn't say which one does what to who :slap: . The '12079 is the one nearer to the rear of the engine. I THINK that is the one you need. I'm shakin' in my boots cuz it's a S.W.A.G. and I don't have my shirt yet. If I'm wrong you'll probably keep it :tear: .

It's the one with the dark blue connector on it. I am saving my pennies for one.

No pics Cdan? Sounds like you're weaseling out :D kidding.

Guess I'll wait to hear from B. Sounds like the blue one although I hate buying things based on colors :flipoff2: :D

It's the one with the dark blue connector on it.  I am saving my pennies for one.

Thanks for going out on a limb Rogue. Nice to know someone is (poking elbow at Cdan with a snicker). Seriously - thanks.

The VSV for EGR is p/n 90910-12079. Confirmed today by reading the number from the bad one that was removed last December.  (The same p/n that Andrew posted.)

-B-

Well...

It has a dark blue connector on my '94. Knowing about all the cost cutting measures taken on the later trucks, all the connectors are probably the same color.

Well...

It has a dark blue connector on my '94.  Knowing about all the cost cutting measures taken on the later trucks, all the connectors are probably the same color.
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I'd be a bit bitter too if I found out that my tranny was inferior and all those other improvements were just to widen the profit margin. Sorry Junk... :tear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom