This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, the East Mojave Heritage Trail section 1 was a blast but we are planning section 2 in the coming up on February 2nd through 5th. The plan is to meet up at the gas station/ Jack in the Box at 79 and 15 around 9 am. From there gas in Barstow Love's and then to Primm for the last fill up and hit the trail about 130ish. The trail is 200 miles long and not sure of how the trail is but we will find out. Camp when we can and on trail about 8 am each day as we need to get it done! A good example is section 1 we did about 60 miles a day on average. That being said we NEED to finish this longer section in the allotted time. If you want to come.... sign up and let's get out there.

1. @Overlandeffex - Creamy mushroom and green bean Marsala
2. @MTN RNR - Red lentil curry
3. @Justsendit
4. @Shanduhh
5. @hamilt0n

Last edited:
We are in and will meet you probably meet you in Primm after coming off Sea 1- TBD. I here there is an awesome motel there too!

Oh the hotel is mint!!!

We might actually be able to join you for this one!!!!

Sean and I are in. Might have to take the truck of cruiser isn't fixed. This is different than the Mojave trail, right? We've done the Mojave trail from the most western point in the park all the way out to the Colorado river

Sean and I are in. Might have to take the truck of cruiser isn't fixed. This is different than the Mojave trail, right? We've done the Mojave trail from the most western point in the park all the way out to the Colorado river
Yes, this is four sections of the Mojave Desert and has parts that are on the Mojave trail but mainly not.

Daniel's scout troop has a rocket shoot by the BLM shooting range that weekend so I am out.

Frank

Linda and I will join in.

Okay, I have been looking at all the options for first camping. If we are on the road by 9 think we will be in Primm about 1. That means on the trail at about 2 pm. The first camping area that we can hit is only 20ish miles in. It is BLM area so we can camp anywhere in the area, there is an abandoned airstrip where we can find camp. The next option is 65 miles total trail before we get more BLM land. So we can see how it goes but throwing down ideas.

So we would do a total of around 85ish miles Friday/Saturday, then the remaining 115ish (or the balance of what we don't on Saturday) on Sunday, camp then head home on Monday? Sounds reasonable to me.

Sounds good! We're used to long days.

Are we going to do meal(s) together or on our own?

I have not asked the group if they want to do a potluck or anything along those lines....team what do we think??

Potluck works for me, whether we just pick a night or do it everynight works for me, you know I like to cook!

So we have a theme... Indian. We have red lentil curry getting made for the group. We can start filling in other items for dinner on Sunday night. I'll post items that each of us are bring above.

Last edited:
That sucks but totally get it. Will look at the blog as I have not been following it.

We started the trail just past 1425 today and made it to our campsite.... The view here sucks... 😂😂😂

20240202_174556.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom