Electrical issue- windows, horn, headlamps, and etc. don't work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm experiencing an electrical? issue in my 2000 LC. Started when my sunroof began leaking. First, a headlamp stopped working. Then, AC/fan switches. Then, my horn would randomly get honk. Finally, none of my windows work (except passenger back window- from that window switch, only).

Any one know the possible cuI'm completely ignorant of the the electrical system, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

i dont have my EWD handy, but the first step is to open up the dash cladding and carpet to reveal the junction boxes in the front footwells. start with the drivers side. to the left of the drivers left foot, remove the fake pedal and the dash fascia piece, maybe some carpet. there is a similar one on the right side. they have circuit boards, relays and fuses. they are probably wet and/or corroded from the leak. take a good look at those two areas.

Great advice. Where is the passenger side board and fuses?

100% your problem is water in the BCU behind the right hand kick panel, all you need to do is dry it out.
I assume you fixed your leak, do not lock the truck and the alarm won’t go off, turn off the heater and radio and your battery won’t go dead.
If you can park in the sun crack a window so the moisture can escape.
I chased this problem for two years and it was actually the reason the original owner traded it in. Clogged sunroof drain, it overflowed, water ran down the outside of the drain tube, dripped onto the BCU and shorted it out.
I even bought a “For Sale” sigh for my truck before figuring it out.

BCU getting shorted out = replacing the BCU? Or just just blown fuses?

Where is it on the passenger side?

Thank you!

Do you have photos of the BCU and where it is Spike555?

Great responses. Thank you all. I'm going to try that this weekend. I'll report back. Thanks!

Do you have photos of the BCU and where it is Spike555?

It is behind that kick panel under the glove box. There is a plastic nut holding the kick panel on, remove that, remove panel. Lots of wiring under there, the BCU and other things.
You do not need to remove it or even open the kick panel to dry it out, just need to stoop new water from getting in, circulate warm air in the cabin and use the a/c compressor when driving.

Once it dries out, it’ll be fine. Mines been fine for over a year now. Once I fingered out how water was getting into it, dried, done.

4E81D5CA-92B9-493A-8F8F-94D1153979B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Opened passenger side panel and have tried drying it out. The horn still doesn’t work though,

Crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom