Electrical connector identification? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dumb question but flipping through the shop manual I haven't been able to find this - surely I've passed it over a few times without realizing by now but perhaps someone will know... :confused:

Can anyone identify what this belongs to? It's drawing 700mA when the ignition is off which can't be right... last battery went kaput and I've replaced it but I'd like to address the cause rather than just a symptom. It's bundled with a harness leading to the alternator but I'm not sure if that's where it ends up or simply put together to clean things up.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lame question.

There is a 5 digit number on it which corresponds to the last 5 digits of the Toyota part number.

The whole part number will be: 90980-XXXXX (x's being the 5 digit number off of the connector).

It looks like EB1 (ENGINE ROOM MAIN WIRE AND ENGINE WIRE (NEAR THE DISTRIBUTOR)), pages 30 and 31 in the FSM EWD.

Yeah, if I remember correctly that provides power to the ECU?? or something similar. The truck will absolutely not fire without that being connected with current - this I know when we were chasing down my non-start issue after the rebuild

Thanks for all the quick replies!

I pulled the connector and cleaned it off to locate a part # but didn't see any on either the male or female ends, inside or out...

I've only got an electronic version of the FSM at the moment (tried to order the paper copy but the company that prints them was out of stock and none of the dealerships have them) and can't find mention of EB1... any chance you can give me the section it's under?

Anyhow, measured again this morning and found no current being passed on this connector... have to look into this after work.

Thanks again

It might depend on the year, but it is in the electrical wiring diagram on pages 30 and 31.
Page30 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom