Elec. fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The fan included with the 1FZ supercharger kit is actually a 3.0 V6 truck fan circa 1988-92. It has 6 blades instead of the 7 that are on the original fan. The reason for the fan blade switch is radiator-to-fanblade clearance. The installation requires a spacer go between the water pump hub and the fan clutch in order to clear the blower drive belt and tensioner assembly. If the origial fan is re-used, the blade tips deflect at speed and they chew up the radiator :eek: The 3.0 fan is further away from the radiator and the ring around the edge keeps the blades from deflecting.
I believe that this fan actually moves less air than the original. The only way to retain the original fan would be to significantly modify the radiator core support to move the radiator forward.

I'm parched :beer:

C-Dan,

I will buy one for you as well! :beer:

Makes complete sense to me. I've yet found the time to get busy on the install so I wasn't sure why they included it. How about a pic of that aux fan you mentioned earlier?

:cheers:

Why don't you just stop by and look at it for yourself. The slopes can wait 15 minutes longer. ;)

Hey, wait, do you mean to say that you have a blower in a box at your house and you haven't touched it yet?!!

Mine wasn't home for more than 5 minutes before I had it scattered all over the carport and the car half apart :rolleyes:

I know, I know....... I did get 295's today and put in the CDL last night! That is why I wanted the belts to have everything in hand.

I do take the blower out and admire it('my precious'...pathetic) at least once a day. Too bad TRD used the M62 on the Tacomas and didn't use the M90.

If we get to Alb. before 5 we will crash your parts counter and drag you outside!

Here's another! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom