Effect of hazy headlights on beam pattern… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I polished my driver’s side first and checked the beams against the garage door. You can see a definite difference in the sharpness of the cutoff and the spot in the middle of the pattern. I didn’t appreciate how much negative impact the headlight haze had until I saw this. The tape is from checking headlight alignment. I pulled the housings for polishing and bulb swap.
16189D29-8385-4F33-8510-22872FFEA2C6.jpeg

Do you have photos of the before and after of the lenses themselves? I’d be interested to see what level of oxidation caused that much difference in beam pattern

Yeah mine are much worse than those were 😅 must be why my headlights suck so bad right now

You'd be realllly surprised how little oxidation it takes to have a significant diffusing effect on the beam pattern. Definitely ceramic coat that headlight a few times to help keep it from oxidizing if you haven't already. Wax never seems to last.

Same here, I just polished mine & it made a HUGE difference in appearance & beam pattern. I used an Adams Polishes kit with oxidation remover 1st step, 2nd step sand/polish (800, 1000, 2000, 3000 grit disks on an attachment on my cordless drill), 3rd step using their ceramic wipes. How it holds up!! I’ve taken “Replace dingy headlights” off of my GX Build Plan & opted to use that money to buy a 270 awning 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom