Educate me on Fridges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I'll go with current blue/grey ARB next time as they have a 3yr warranty and good customer service. Engel has a 2yr warranty. Edgestar has only a 90 day labor, 1 year parts warranty.

I haven't gotten one yet. Got my laptop stolen and it had all the amazon voucher codes on it. Have not had a chance to get them re issued. At this point going to the edgestar due to $$$ and the:princess: not wanting to me to spend that much on a fridge when she claims I can get a ice block or blue ice and a cooler for the few times we will use it camping.

The good news...

Once your wife goes fridge, she'll never go back to ice:grinpimp:
:)

Last edited:
It says in your link. One is neoprene, one is canvas.

"Made from durable neoprene and engineered for a perfect fit, the ARB transit bag is a stylish solution for protecting the ARB Fridge Freezer from dents and scratches during your off road travels. A canvas version of this has already been released so this new neoprene product adds an alternative option for fridge owners. "

That was my guess, didn't read the link just the page description.

I did find them elsewhere tho...$98 shipped for the neoprene from the same place I got the fridge, but I'm not sure I want that style.

Anyone have either?

B

That was my guess, didn't read the link just the page description.

I did find them elsewhere tho...$98 shipped for the neoprene from the same place I got the fridge, but I'm not sure I want that style.

Anyone have either?

B

the description of the neoprene one didn't mention what size fridge it fits. could be the 37 quart, could be the 50... :meh:

at least I didn't see that it mentioned it anywhere on that page...

the description of the neoprene one didn't mention what size fridge it fits. could be the 37 quart, could be the 50... :meh:

at least I didn't see that it mentioned it anywhere on that page...

I think the model number gives it away - TBAG47ARBN. Guessing the 47 liter, which is the 50qt.

Was thinking I'd have it on Thursday, looks like either Fri or Sat now, they had to ship from a bit farther. Can't wait!

I didn't get the bag yet, I'd like some feedback from others as to it's use, need...

B

I think the model number gives it away - TBAG47ARBN. Guessing the 47 liter, which is the 50qt.

Was thinking I'd have it on Thursday, looks like either Fri or Sat now, they had to ship from a bit farther. Can't wait!

I didn't get the bag yet, I'd like some feedback from others as to it's use, need...

B

y'know what? I didn't really look at the model number, but you're right.

Yeah, easy to overlook...I've just been staring at it ALL DAY LONG :lol:

I've dug pretty deep to find a good price on this stuff, I'm cheap ;) As much as I like the idea of a bag, I'm not took keen on dumping another $100-200 on an already high dollah purchase. I know, protect that high $$ purchase...but at what expense, seriously.

Anyway, I can cover it w/ a damn towel for $15 like I've been doing w/ my Coleman steel belteds for years, and be just fine. They've lasted well and I'll continue to use them, if needed.

Well, that's all...just waiting now.

Oh, I'd like to run a line from the battery to the back of my Jeep so it has a dedicated plug in...unless someone here has some suggestions, I'm just thinking of simply taking a wire w/ an inline fuse, attaching it to a plug at the back of the Jeep and plugging it in. Any suggestions out there? It'll be in the back of a Scrambler (Red Top batt) for most trips and a JK (factory batt) for others...maybe in the Suburban on occasion too (but that has a plug in back there already).

Thanx,

B

:flipoff2: Cobound, I dont see you listed any TLC's wtf :flipoff2:

Fuse as close to the battery as possible

Last edited:
You joking right? Yeah, you have to be! :censor:

No commercial covers available for the Edgestars. Made my own out of one of those fold-up metalized sunshades, plus some Velcro in strategic places.

Cost? ~$20 to $25, depending on how much Velcro you buy.
FridgeSlideOut5.jpg
FridgeWrap1.jpg
FridgeWrap2.jpg

I got the Edgestar from compact appliances. It was a scratched unit and $290 shipped. It cools great, the draw is not bad (2 days in Baja heat did not deplete the aux battery) and it held up fine on the worst washboard roads ever.

It's no ARB or Engel, but it works fine and is cheap. If I get a year or 2 of use out of it, I am fine with it. And for the price I can scratch it, dent it...
Jan

Oops, wrong thread....moved.

B

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom