Edelbrock intake recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Going Holley 650cfm carb on a 350 5.7 block I have installed. Anyone use an Edelbrock Performer intake? 1994 rebuilt small block. Seems Edelbrock website applications recommendation is 1986 and earlier?!!!!

It's OK it's a little better then the stock intake, if you have headers and a cam you will tell the difference with it

I think after 86 chevy went to center bolt valve covers & the center bolt holes in the head for the intake manifold are different than the earlier heads. Is the Holley carb a square bore or a spread bore? I've run a performer intake for yrs, they're OK.

If you have a vortec block then get the performer for your year other wise it won't fit unless your heads are from a later date. Holes in middle of valve cover is a 85 and newer like was stated and need a adapter to put the holley carb on. What kind of wheeling do you do?

I think Edlebrock offers an intake for chev in either sq or spread bore. Its your choice. Like yotafj said. They make an adapter for either.

I've got the E-Performer and their 1405 carb with the off road kit in it. Works great and looks a hell of a lot nicer than the stock 5.7 manifold. I'm running ramshorn manifolds and don't plan on changing. One thing I would recommend, the carb spacer, I was having trouble with my fuel boiling on hot days, added the Edelbrock 1 inch spacer and it stopped.

Not sure if I helped, but hope so!

IMG_20150115_145839.jpg

IMG_20150115_145853.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know jack about carburetors so that's why I'm asking. The valve covers are centerbolt. I took pics of the TBI manifold if that helps. I'm trying to just keep it super simple and less expensive.

Last edited:
1994 tbi motor will have the center 2 bolts on each side at a different angle, they make an intake for it it would be listed as 86-95 small block.. its the same as the older intakes with a little different machining for those 2 bolts.

I have seen people open up the holes in the center and run an angled washer to compensate.. if you get a cheep used intake that may be the way to go.. you can also plug the holes in the head and redrill and tap them at the other angle...

CHEVROLET 262-400 SMALL-BLOCK V8
PERFORMER - FOR 1987-95 CAST IRON CYLINDER HEADS (IDLE-5500 RPM)
Designed for street 262-400 c.i.d. Chevy V8's that have heads with canted center bolt holes. #2104 is stock replacement/street legal part for 302, 327, 350 V8's with OEM 4-bbl. carb.; except stock equipped EGR. #3706 is stock replacement/street legal part for 305, 350 V8's with OEM 4-bbl. carb.; 1987. Both accept late-model water neck, air-conditioning, alternator, H.E.I. and have rear water crossovers. #2104 accepts exhaust- heated chokes. For 1987-95 stock aluminum heads use #2101. Will not fit Chevrolet Bowtie or LT1 heads. Available with satin or black finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom