ECT #1 sensor or circuit location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, so I am still tracking down my transmission problem.

My CEL is giving me code 81 - tcm communication (open or short in ECT #1 sensor or circuit)

So can anyone give me the location of this sensor or circuit on a 93 fzj80 RHD

Lets pretend that the FZJ80 engine is mostly the same everywhere in the world. In that case the attached extract from the 1994 FSM should work for you. The sensor is located top right of the oil filter on the cylinder head. The circuit will run along the main engine loom past the EGR furnace and then....who knows where on the RHD models but will end up wherever the ECU is located.

Attachments

• ECT.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
From another thread:

1628215087542.png

Lets pretend that the FZJ80 engine is mostly the same everywhere in the world. In that case the attached extract from the 1994 FSM should work for you. The sensor is located top right of the oil filter on the cylinder head. The circuit will run along the main engine loom past the EGR furnace and then....who knows where on the RHD models but will end up wherever the ECU is located.
I am assuming Electronic Controlled Transmission. Rather than Engine Coolant Temperature. I don't know why they have the same abbreviation for 2 things.

IMG_20210806_100513.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom