Early Frame Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
Finally I found the 1974 "F" motor in NZ. But now the problem :bang: is I have got the similar front frame mounts what Fox has got. Obviously I am missing the matching motor mounts :whoops:

Can I find these motor mounts? Will they fit on Later "F" motor? or any other advise? :popcorn:
A.jpg
B.jpg

Archie, I'm confused. :confused:

What do you have for motor mounts on the frame now? Are they stock?

I think the early cradle mount would fit the motor, trick would be finding one.

If you've got a '74 motor with the motor mounts on it, you can just use motor mounts from a 40, you'll have to drill holes, but they'll bolt in. In other words just use this setup:
P6150005.JPG

Thanks Jim.

Yes I have got the stock early mounts on frame. Exactly same what Fox has got in pictures. Some how PO used them to mount Chevy motor on it. :rolleyes:

If I can't find the early motor mounts then I will have to go the way you have advised. Although keeping it as stock possible is the prime priority. "Thanks to you guys" LOL

Wow, not sure if that mount will fit on the later motor. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Maybe someone has one on a junk motor. That would be a fancy bit of cutting and drilling to make one.

If you've got a '74 motor with the motor mounts on it, you can just use motor mounts from a 40, you'll have to drill holes, but they'll bolt in. In other words just use this setup:

Jim wouldn't he also have to install the brackets from the F motor that mount to the frame. The later ones are angled and are revited futher back on the frame.

Archie if the honey do list would ever get done I could probably strip the I need the floor out of. That's an early 1960 with the early style motor mount. But I'm not going to remove it until I'm really to part this one out. Right now I could spent a couple of hours on it and it would be a driver. This has an early 2F motor using the front bracket so I'm sure it would work on a 74 F engine Might check with Phil if Jim doesn't have one. they both have parted out a few. Might also check to see what's bolted to the Chevy isn't just the Toyota bracket modified.

Hey Archie-

Some pictures of your mounts and engine would help alot...when I sent you those motor mounts (frame and engine) I was under the impression the PO had invented some terrible motor mounts...

Sounds like you could go either way, use those mounts I sent you or use a front plate if indeed the frame is 59-E60 ish. The pics below are of a 59 front plate and cover (Left) and a mid 80s FJ60 2F front plate and cover. All the holes line up with each other so I'm sure a 74 F motor with a 59 front plate and 74 F cover will work.

Pictures! Alot of sharp eyes here!
P2250006.JPG
P2250003.JPG

Thanks John, Chevy motor has got a custom made mount very similar to what an original mount looks like but it wont fit on "F" motor.

Thanks Phil you are the MAN. Looks like that 59 front plate will work on 74 motor and my frame is definately a 59. Let me know how I can get that? :p

:idea: 16" Wheels

Last edited:
John, that's what I meant, he'd have to change the frame mounts to use the '74 motor mounts. ;)

Archie, you may be able to take the '74 timing cover plate and weld on the exterior stuff if Phil makes you a pattern, the internal stuff was the stuff I thought would be hard to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom