SOLD Early 1969 FJ40 - Port Orchard, Wa (1 Viewer)

I’m now willing to sell without the parts. Make an offer for none or some of the parts. Price with parts is 25k OBO

Excuse my ignorance on this, but how is the transfer case engage with the 3 spd column shift? Is it a vacuum actuator?

Just started reading up on FJ40s, always wanted one. This one looks interesting and near me (Seattle) too!

Mtntopper

SILVER Star
Excuse my ignorance on this, but how is the transfer case engage with the 3 spd column shift? Is it a vacuum actuator?

Just started reading up on FJ40s, always wanted one. This one looks interesting and near me (Seattle) too!
Yes vacuum actuator. Here is the actuator:
Screenshot_20210327-052405_Chrome.jpg

You pull the "F.D" knob on the dash to engage 4WD. It's hard to see in this pic but it is the knob at the immediate top left corner of the heater core. The lever next to it switches the transfer case from "H" to "L".
Screenshot_20210327-052614_Chrome.jpg

This one has been converted to floor shift (for the transmission) however the linkage is still on the column. All the 4wd levers are still in their original location as pictured above. Thanks @Mtntopper for the explanation!

Still available!

Yes vacuum actuator. Here is the actuator:
You pull the "F.D" knob on the dash to engage 4WD. It's hard to see in this pic but it is the knob at the immediate top left corner of the heater core. The lever next to it switches the transfer case from "H" to "L".

Appreciate the explanation. Looking forward to finding my own FJ someday and getting myself a new project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom