E-manage ultimate installation (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can purchase the harness from here, just click the photo -> Greddy E Manage ultimate.

Thanks LX,

Don't think I'm ready to drop that money just to bucher the harness to have a plug and play with my SMT. Back to finding a dead ECU or something.

Sorry guys, been busy out there for making my turbo manifold and hasn't been really check on this post for a while.

Here is the ecu-pinout of my 80. Please note that i have 94 FZJ80 with VAF instead of MAF post-95 version. The software that came with box is pretty easy to use too.

For these who want to use this, you really need to purchase a wideband O2 to adjust the fuel, best if you can borrow from someone.....another option is have machine on the dyno and tune by expert.

ecu-pinout.jpg

screenshot.jpg

Another common issue need to be address with piggyback style ecu is the long term fuel trim. The piggyback style ecu will only work in open loop, and in many modern vehicles, the stock ecu will fight with it after period of time (LTFT). One way is to feed the stock ecu with fake throttle position voltage (over 50%) and force ecu into open loop. by doing this, we also need to feed a fake O2 sensor voltage into stock ecu to avoid the LTFT problem.

I have the arabian version of FZJ80 and does not have O2 sensor, neither cat convertor. in my case, my engine are all running in open loop. The only stock fuel adjustment are coming from my VAF sensor. I hope this will make my life easier when doing the adjustment.

This is also my first time building a turbo and first time playing with tuning software/hardware. For the ecu part, I won't say it is easy, but pretty straight forward work. I had my harness complete in one evening and recheck few times before putting on my truck. It work right out of box and i am pretty happy. When I put on, the wideband O2 indicated that engine is richer than before i put on the ecu. I am not sure if that was due to misconfigure of something, or was due to signal delay. but the A/F target soon fixed this problem by trim the fuel, so it didn't really bother me much.

My turbo manifold is on the way, and i will post the result of e-manage ultimate later.

Tony

I am in middle of nowhere........just kidding.

I am located at Shanghai, China There are great number of landcruiser FZJ80 in China, most of them with 5 speed manual.

The manifold are hopefully be ready tomorrow...will post up picture once it is ready....i am doing un-equal length manifold but not log style,

Tony

Another common issue need to be address with piggyback style ecu is the long term fuel trim. The piggyback style ecu will only work in open loop, and in many modern vehicles, the stock ecu will fight with it after period of time (LTFT).

In another thread I mentioned this as well. You don't want two brains having a chess match over fuel delivery.

I have no experience with doing this but my thought was to short TE1 and E1 on the service block in the engine compartment. This puts the ECM into service mode and it runs stock values. The more common use is to base line the timing. I'm not sure how much gets turned off but I'd suspect everything.

My turbo idea was purely inspirited by Dusty's turbo project. So, thanks man.....!

Here is few pictures of my rig, was taken in a small river side a whiles ago........looks like desert.

DSC_0687.JPG

DSC_0693.JPG

DSC_0764.JPG

I decide start another thread to just document my turbo project. :)

Landtank, one thing i don't really understand is why the timing can only be adjusted while TE1 and E1 shorted ? I am assuming that stock ecu do compare the IGT & IGF (ignition trigger and firing) and check the difference and will try to adjust it back to the original set value. Shorting the TE1 and E1 is to enable ECU to re-learn the set value.

Tony

Landtank, one thing i don't really understand is why the timing can only be adjusted while TE1 and E1 shorted ? I am assuming that stock ecu do compare the IGT & IGF (ignition trigger and firing) and check the difference and will try to adjust it back to the original set value. Shorting the TE1 and E1 is to enable ECU to re-learn the set value.

Tony

Shorting TE1 and E1 puts the ECM into service mode. While in this mode the ECM will not adjust the timing so a service person can accurately position the distributor. When you do this procedure you'll notice that when out of service mode the timing will flutter when viewed with a timing light but in service mode the timing is very constant.

You mentioned disabling the the ECM and I thought this might do it.

itonylee- Any updates on how your turbo worked out? How about the E-Manage? thanks -Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom