Driver window shakes going up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just received my truck today, overall it looks great. I did not get a chance to completely go over everything today but I noticed that the driver window, it goes down fine but when I press the button to go up....it shakes all the way up, it will even shake if its already all the way up and I press the up button. Perhaps the track just needs to be lubed up or something? Motor seems to be working fine it's just not going up smooth...any ideas? Most the threads I found relate to the window completely not working or going up slow.

I would suspect it's getting stuck on the runs. This is just a guess as I replaced mine recently and it was clear that they didn't slide easily up and down. Try spraying some silicon grease in the runs. If that doesn't work I would suggest replacing the runs. These are also called channels, basically the rubber that sits in the door that the track can go up. Many of us that experience cooler temps than you Floridians get have slow windows and this is one of the key ways to get them to go up faster, or at all.

Clean them out first with a moist paper towel. Then hose the full length down with silicone.

Tip shamelessly stolen from @Tools R Us

Terry cloth towel, need to be aggressive, would just shred a paper towel.

I had an intermittent shakey window and it was the motor assembly. From years of use the outer bearing on the drive gear of the motor crapped out and the pinion would move about shaking the window and sometimes locking up the motor. Put in an aftermarket motor with zero issues.

The output gear has a rubber/plastic part that we seen broken, causing them to skip or fully fail. Aftermarket from rockauto.com or dealer for genuine.

sounds good, ill try lubricating it and if not ill just order a new one...not bad at about $50....after dealing with Vipers for a few years, these prices feel awesome...window regulators just got down to a reasonable $300 on that car, they used to be about $1k a piece

Check the condition of the window runs if dry silicone spray doesn't help. Ours were pretty much trashed on the DS after ~150k. The runs are easy to replace and affordable. It could be the motor, as they do go, but the low hanging fruit is easy to grab if it's all that's needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom