Driver seat moving forward on its own (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why does my drivers seat occasionally move up on its own when I am exciting the vehicle or open drivers door? Like way up seemingly to get out of the way for rear passengers? I can’t figure it out. Thanks!!

You might be bumping one of the preset seat-position buttons on the driver door...which might be set to a forward position.

If so...try reprogramming the most bump-prone button to your rearward position...or if it keeps doing it, set them all to your preferred position if necessary til you sort it out.

Our family S63 does it as an ‘easy exit’ feature. Check vehicle settings or techstream options- may be a setting to disable.

Our family S63 does it as an ‘easy exit’ feature. Check vehicle settings or techstream options- may be a setting to disable.

200’s do have a default “easy exit” feature...but as far as I know, it only includes moving the steering wheel out of the way for exit and entry...not the seats.

Will be interesting to (hopefully) hear back from the OP.

200’s do have a default “easy exit” feature...but as far as I know, it only includes moving the steering wheel out of the way for exit and entry...not the seats.

Will be interesting to (hopefully) hear back from the OP.

I don't know about LCs, but the seat moves back on my 13 LX with the "easy exit" feature.

Don’t some of these have programmable seat positions for the different key fobs? Could your fob be programmed for someone really short?

Hey guys, an update, I was hitting the preset 3 button with my arm or elbow by accident upon exit. Thanks for the insight!!

Reactions: HGB
ok, this is weird.... this has been happening to me recently too - 2 or 3 times during the past 2 weeks. Im gonna see if i can tell which memory location its moving to. when i go to get back in the car, the seat has moved from my position 1. Gonna also reprogram the key to go to that spot again when opening the door.....

so i confirmed that the seat was moving to memory position 3 sometime after getting out and locking the car and re-entry. I reprogrammed my key(the only key thats used) to position 1 when getting in the car. We'll see......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom