Driveline Angles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2.5* shims in:
100-0018a_IMG.JPG

Last edited:
Fussy-

With the truck in neutral, and the wheels chocked, get under there and try and shake/wiggle/move the driveshaft up and down....I know it is going to move, and that is not a good thing, and odds on where your vibration issues are being generated.

This has already been stated by others...you need to address this before you tear out the splines, crack the female part of the slip and stub, and have the driveshaft come up through the floor, or even better, rip open your fuel tank.....

Also-

You do not want to point the pinion at the tcase....unless you are going to run a CV rear shaft...you will tear out the ujoint on the tcase, and cause premature bearing wear/failure on the tcase rear output...

Just posting up things that I have seen over the years.

Good luck!

-Steve

The driveshaft does not move when in neutral, even lifted one tire and yanked and pulled on it. But I cannot hope to manually put the kind of stress and strain on it that the engine does.

It seems like most of the vibration is gone now that the angles are correct, but now that I put some 33" BFG MT's on it, can't be sure if it isn't the tires. :grinpimp:

I'll get that driveshaft adjusted.

your DS is too short and you're wrecking it by driving it that way
you could probably get away without having to use shims if you just lengthened it

Last edited:
I have vibration at 60mph and it's due to a tire that has been hit on a curb hard(a bump you can't see). With the spare tire on that one no vibration. Just a thought.

If you haven't already, don't forget to check for phasing of the yokes. If they are not in phase, they will cause vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom