Drivebelt question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!
This is a question from a new member and a new Toyota driver.
I Recently bought my first Toyota Land Cruiser 90 from 2000, with 60000km (38000miles) on the meter. The powerplant is the 3.4 liters petrol engine.
Last week I visit a Toyota garage beause of a strange sound from the engine and they tell me that I have to change all the moving parts under the Camshaft drivebelt cover. (Drivebelt, tensioner with weels, waterpump, etc.) This is a 1700$ operation! Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal after this short milage?

Hi!
This is a question from a new member and a new Toyota driver.
I Recently bought my first Toyota Land Cruiser 90 from 2000, with 60000km (38000miles) on the meter. The powerplant is the 3.4 liters petrol engine.
Last week I visit a Toyota garage beause of a strange sound from the engine and they tell me that I have to change all the moving parts under the Camshaft drivebelt cover. (Drivebelt, tensioner with weels, waterpump, etc.) This is a 1700$ operation! Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal after this short milage?
Hi Bestor
I just had the same job done on same 1999 3.4V6 model for about $1400.00 at genuine 100,000Km and serviced by agent since new.
I can't believe everything including the water pump needed changing unless its a design problem or wrong fluids.
Ripped off again I guess and they didn't tighten the radiator bolts or put the clip back on the hose underneath. Next time I will do it myself or use a non Toyota shop at 25% of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom