drive shaft brake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would not say anything like that out here...there is bound to be someone that complains about getting gouged for the 11.00, and will go on and on about how you do not deserve to make any money on your idea...

Good luck!

-Steve

You have got the color wrong tewlman, they start out silver until the g-friend/wife forgets to release the park brake and drives 10 miles, then the drum or disc is blue!

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=11009;start=msg100023#msg100023 date=1076024619]
You have got the color wrong tewlman, they start out silver until the g-friend/wife forgets to release the park brake and drives 10 miles, then the drum or disc is blue!
[/quote] :D Bwahahaha :slap:

I would be interested in something like this if the price is right.

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=11009;start=msg100023#msg100023 date=1076024619]
[/quote]

See, that is why you shouldn't let your spouse drive your cruiser. :beer:

Seems like about half a dozen or so of us are interested. Might be worth a shot to figure out what it would cost and post it!! I know my e-brake hasn't worked for over a year now. That's what bricks are for.

I'd be interested too! Looks like you have a good start! 4X4 are easier on the bed than bricks and can be used for a fire in an emergency.

I would be interested in one but I wonder why Man-A-Fre discontinued theirs a while back.
Does anybody know?

i am interested in a couple things,,
1) is this for a mini or split case only? and if not,,
2) why do you want a disc over the stock drum?

[quote author=RHINO link=board=1;threadid=11009;start=msg102382#msg102382 date=1076389275]
i am interested in a couple things,,
1) is this for a mini or split case only? and if not,,
2) why do you want a disc over the stock drum?
[/quote]

1)this is for a stock 4 sp LC transfer case
2)stock drums aren't worth a s*** after you get a little mud in them
3)disk brakes look cooler(and work better)
4)because I want to :flipoff2:

(and work better)

no they dont, well not on a parking brake where your not generating heat. the drums have alot more surface area (holding power) but your right about the mud and cool looks.
if you used two calipers on the disc then we'd be talking roughly equal holding power.
i swapped to four wheel disc on my pig cause they are better than drums on the street, but i like the drum parking brake.
i didnt mention earlier thats a kick ass good looking disc BTW, and should i ever swap to disc parking brake i would like one in green.

Definitely let me know if you are gonna make these available, especially if mechanical...

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=11009;start=msg99037#msg99037 date=1075913018]
What is the reason of hydro over mechanical?

Willwood makes small mechanical units....All pro was selling this for the mini's for a while.... I know a guy that installed it on his 60 after some work...

http://www.allprooffroad.com/brake.html

Seems to work fine being mechanical...I guess the cost and hassel to make it hydro would not be worth my time..

Let me know when you get these done...I will take a few without holes for the driveshaft...

Thanks!

-Steve
[/quote]

does anyone know where you can get cheaper manual calipers than these? I would really like to make this work.

the caliper looks easy enought to fab in the pic and there are certainly small pads available that would only be retained with a few pins like that and any hardware store would have those springs. I think i have a new project.....

i just didn't want to do all the work. jeeeesssss man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom