Drive over fender accessory lighting help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

climber8483

SILVER Star
Threads
B597F947-1EBB-47EA-B51A-9C828FD12C8D.png
I picked up an 18’ drive over fender (buggy) trailer a couple weeks and I’m looking for ideas on where to mount some accessory lights. I’m wanting to install a couple extra reverse lights and some lights to help loading it at night. I’ve searched and haven’t really found anything that works for this style trailer.

Thanks

I'd put an oval rubber torsion mount reverse light in the inner fender vertical panel, facing each other. Those would light up the deck and not be likely to get hit or damaged in use. It does put their wiring in the wash from the tires, but those are a semi-sealed connection and should be OK in that environment. I'd also put on that same circuit some "rock lights" under the trailer facing down. These to light up the ground around the trailer while you're loading in the dark.

For actual useful reverse lights I like to use clear fog lights. Those off some of the 5.0 Mustangs are Marchals and have housings that are particularly wide and not very tall. One of these is usually enough, two would be excessive overkill.

I'd also put on that same circuit some "rock lights" under the trailer facing down. These to light up the ground around the trailer while you're loading in the dark.

I've been thinking about running LED strips down each side under the edge of the trailer for just this reason. It always seems that you drop something off the side and then you're trying to feel around for it.

MISF* calls them his "Malibu Lights". Helps with not tripping over rocks and stobs and such.

*My Infamous Scout Friend

Thanks, those are some really good ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom