drift trike, anyone built one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Me and a few buddies wanna build a couple of drift trikes. Be it from scratch or using an old bmx frsme. Just looking for some input, I have a welder and other tools so I have that.

Sent from my busted to s*** EVO4G

Gonna put together something like this. I am a machinist/welder at my shop so I have access to mills, lathes ect.....

photo-25.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-25.jpg
photo-26.jpg

Looks fun as hell! I remember gettin sideways on the original green machine! Some kind of e-brake would be sweet-and a steady supply of those plastic wheels! I cried when I burnt through mine after what seemed like no time. Dad fixed me up with a bunch of duct tape but it wasn't as fun after that....

That what im sayin bikepro! Inly took a month to get a response. Lol.

how is it powered? Gravity?

yup, you need big hills around. Some guys run pedals so it can be pedal powered for skate parks and flat stuff.

Damn that's nasty man. I'm going with a green machine front end I think.

Sent from this fast HTC thing using IH8MUD

Ya, we have a lot of hills here, so no real motivation to make a pedal front end.

Here's the 2nd one. Still need to figure a seat and paint.

IMG_20130313_150325_zpsae5b16b3.jpg

Ya, we have a lot of hills here, so no real motivation to make a pedal front end.

What kind of tube did you use for the frame? I've seen conduit used for beach cruisers and choppers, but I don't see that strong enough for a drift trike.

2" .120 wall

But ya, a lot of guys use exhaust tubing, and I've heard conduit too. I guess if it works for them... probably stronger then the ones that are just a chopped down bike with no supports added.

This is nuts! I am going to have to google this or do some youtube searching. Brings back memories of my "Dukes of Hazard" Bigwheel back in the day.

So just feet up and hang on? Why do I feel like this causes a lot of bumps and bruises.

IMG_20130313_150325_zpsae5b16b3.jpg

IS THE REAR AXLE STRONG ENOUGH OR IT WILL BREAK WITH THE PRESSURE OF DRIFTING ? i think it will need reinforcement

Its been fine so far. This is quite a bit more stout then the production ones I've seen, so I'm not worried about it. The red one above is similarly built, and has seen a couple good crashes with no problems.

Hi, I've got question i'' formy czech republic and drift trikes arent popular yet. So ti means i don't have any plans for build. I'm 170 cm tall and i don't know how long i have to make drift trike. If you can help me please help....
Thanx for help!

TeodorHy

One of the nicest trike frames I've seen. Simple, clean lines, the low profile bottom beam and fat 50mm tubing!! Awesome work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom