Drawer Dividers for TrekBoxx System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overland Tailor

Boltripper
Threads
Website
www.overlandtailor.com
Just finished the TrekBoxx install in the 80 and I'm wondering what you guys are using as dividers. Anything better or on par with the Pelican TrekPak Dividers?

Thanks guys.

J

The install looks great! I don't use anything for drawer dividers at this point.

The install looks great! I don't use anything for drawer dividers at this point.

I sometimes feel that the best way to go. Use them and then see whats needed.

I’ve thought about adding them in my 80 and in my 200 also, but just haven’t done it yet. I believe @indycole liked the TrekPak system and that is probably what I would do too. Excited to hear what you come up with!

Not dividers, but FWIW - a pair of the Front Runner flat packs fit great in the large @TrekboxX drawer. Since my drawers are only loaded for day/weekend trips, I find this solution works for quickly getting my gear in/out of the system. I pack our cooking gear and supplies in them.

IMG_3039.jpg

Not dividers, but FWIW - a pair of the Front Runner flat packs fit great in the large @TrekboxX drawer. Since my drawers are only loaded for day/weekend trips, I find this solution works for quickly getting my gear in/out of the system. I pack our cooking gear and supplies in them.

View attachment 1990270

Thanks and that looks great.

I'm going to do a combination of cases and Custom Made Dividers. With Trek Pack only offering packs of certain length and width, I'm going to make my own.

I put together a spreadsheet of all their packs with dimensions in hopes that would make things easier, but their current packs just don't do it for me.

Thanks again.

John

Last edited:
So tonight I completed the upper drawer with my home brew TrekPak. I purchased the plastic sheet, foam and spray glue at Michaels and picked up some hair pins at Target.

At this point, I'm thinking this is going to look like something out of the 3rd grade, but wanted to give it a shot, before paying for a load of TrekPak.

Here is the board I used.

I designed the system on paper and then placed the items I wanted to use in their respective locations in the drawer. First cut and complete the side sections as the front and rear measurements will need to account for the foam applied to the side sections.

Do each section at a time. Cut your desired dimensions on the sheet.

Here is the 2mm foam

Next use the Scotch 77 spray adhesive

After a light coat of adhesive~

Now place the sheet onto the foam and apply pressure. The foam bonds instantly.

Next, use a sharp razor knife to trim the foam.

Here is the board with a single side of foam

Repeat the process for the other side

Next, place the board into the drawer and use the hair pins to anchor

Here is the board attached with the pins

Took a few hours, but I'm really happy how it turned out.

So, total cost of materials for the top drawer - $18.50

Add in another $10 for the 6mm foam for the bottom of the drawer and for less than the cost of a 2 piece TrekPak, I've got a completed drewer.

This is obviously not as nice as the TrekPak product, but I'm happy with the results.

Cheers,

john~

Last edited:
Nice! I’m pretty sure the board and foam you use is pretty much exactly what Trekpak uses. If the hair pins don’t work out, try looking for irrigation staples. They’ll be silver but it’s possible to paint or PC them.

So tonight I completed the upper drawer with my home brew TrekPak. I purchased the plastic sheet, foam and spray glue at Michaels and picked up some hair pins at Target.

At this point, I'm thinking this is going to look like something out of the 3rd grade, but wanted to give it a shot, before paying for a load of TrekPak.

Here is the board I used.

View attachment 1997321

I designed the system on paper and then placed the items I wanted to use in their respective locations in the drawer. First cut and complete the side sections as the front and rear measurements will need to account for the foam applied to the side sections.

Do each section at a time. Cut your desired dimensions on the sheet.

View attachment 1997322

Here is the 2mm foam

View attachment 1997323

Next use the Scotch 77 spray adhesive

View attachment 1997324

After a light coat of adhesive~

View attachment 1997327

This is a great sectional mod!

Can you share a source for the 20x30 sheets? Was that also at Michaels?

This is a great sectional mod!

Can you share a source for the 20x30 sheets? Was that also at Michaels?

Thanks and yes.. Board, foam and 77 Spray glue all at Michales ...

Cheers,

John

Thanks and yes.. Board, foam and 77 Spray glue all at Michales ...

Cheers,

John
I've been sitting on the same materials I purchased off Amazon for a couple of months just waiting on my Trekboxx order to arrive. Should be shipped tomorrow so I'm right behind you on this project! I found some 1/4" drip line irrigation stakes I plan on using for the connections. Great work!

@Kurosawa, nice system, cheap, light and makes things quiet . Can you post some pics after 6 month of use? Any issues?
@Overland Tailor did a nice job documenting the same process I followed, the only exception being I used the table saw and 1/4 drip irrigation stakes. They work great, I really couldn’t be happier with this cheep mod. Have a look on my build thread in the signature for a couple pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom