Dome Light (1 Viewer)

I'm working on trying to get the dome light working in my 82 FJ40. Found a bulb for it and it works on/off and with the drivers door. However, it does not work with the passenger door. The door switch was broken and I have replaced it as well, but it still does not work with the passenger door. Any thoughts? Thanks.

maybe where it ties together has been cut. You could run new wire from the good working drivers wires over to the new switch in the passenger door to get it to work with both doors

todt

SILVER Star
Where did you get replacement for the door switch? Not much help because my switch is broken on pass side but I could still manually work it.

FishNinJay

SILVER Star
I'm working on trying to get the dome light working in my 82 FJ40. Found a bulb for it and it works on/off and with the drivers door. However, it does not work with the passenger door. The door switch was broken and I have replaced it as well, but it still does not work with the passenger door. Any thoughts? Thanks.

We have a dome light? No way.. :eek:
what if you take the doors off and go topless? (seriously.. I'm not being a smart-ass...)

chupacabra
what if you take the doors off and go topless? (seriously.. I'm not being a smart-ass...)

there is a one-wire bullet connector at the top of the windshield that you disconnect when you take the hard top off and reconnect when you put it back on.

there is a one-wire bullet connector at the top of the windshield that you disconnect when you take the hard top off and reconnect when you put it back on.

On the 82 and up I belive it has to be two wires to work. One +12 volts to the bulb the other a wre going to the door switches. The door switches just ground the wire to the A pillar.

From what I understand the door switch is available new from Toyota (probably used in other models) but not the 82 and up dome light itself.

chupacabra
On the 82 and up I belive it has to be two wires to work. One +12 volts to the bulb the other a wre going to the door switches. The door switches just ground the wire to the A pillar.

From what I understand the door switch is available new from Toyota (probably used in other models) but not the 82 and up dome light itself.

I should have said "my 1980 has a one-wire bullet connector..."
Thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom