Dome Light Shorting Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have traced down my battery drain problem to the dome light. When all the doors are shut, all the lights are off. But there is still a drain going through the dome light circuit. Here is how I found out.

1. Pulled off the positive battery cable
2. Put test lamp in series between the battery terminal and the batter cable. The test lamp is now on because of a closed circuit.
3. Pulled all the interior fuses. Light is still on.
4. Starting pulling all the exterior fuses in the box on the DS finder.
5. When I pulled the dome light fuse, the light went out. All doors are still closed.

So the question is, with all doors closed and the dome lights are out, what could still be draining the battery on the dome light circuit?

Thank you for you help.

You know, I have said this before and was chastised for it, but a light bulb is not an ammeter. This is a meaningless test as the dome circuit powers a variety of items that are on all the time, like the clock, radio constant power, etc.

You need to find out how much current is being drawn and by what. Checking current draw with a light bulb is like checking tire pressure by kicking the tires.

You know, I have said this before and was chastised for it, but a light bulb is not an ammeter. This is a meaningless test as the dome circuit powers a variety of items that are on all the time, like the clock, radio constant power, etc.

Ah... I thought it only powered the interior lights. I'll get my meter and go after it. Thank you. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom