Does your RTT suffer from... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you can see my solution, Keene driwall rainscreen, I just cut to fit, and it folds nicely. This stuff doesn't compress, you can stand on it with boots and it holds its form, so it won't flatten over time.

06212013102.jpg

06212013103.jpg

06212013108.jpg

I don't have a "before" picture, but if you have the moisture problem you know what it's like: over half of my mattress was wet on the bottom, and I had to remove it to dry. Here in the "after" pic you can see some moisture touching the floorboard, and there was no moisture at all on the mattress.

06232013110.jpg

I bought a whole roll of this stuff so I have some left over, I'd like to recover a bit of my cost ~$130 for the roll, so if anyone wants some for their RTT just give me the length x width of your bed and I'll provide you 2 pieces to fit for $40. The roll is 48" wide so it will be in 2 long strips. As you can see, I cut a notch for the hinge just with a pair of scissors.

Disclaimer: I make no guarantees as to performance, all I know is that it worked to keep my mattress dry. You'll need to vent it a bit to get the remaining moisture out of the under mattress area by either lifting a corner of the mattress or else lifting the cover off the middle hinge area to expose the underside as in the pic above. I also make no safety guarantees, the stuff has some UL fire resistance but if you drop your cig or an electrical fire causes you injury or death, you're on your own.

I bought a whole roll of this stuff so I have some left over, I'd like to recover a bit of my cost ~$130 for the roll, so if anyone wants some for their RTT just give me the length x width of your bed and I'll provide you 2 pieces to fit for $40. The roll is 48" wide so it will be in 2 long strips. As you can see, I cut a notch for the hinge just with a pair of scissors.

Disclaimer: I make no guarantees as to performance, all I know is that it worked to keep my mattress dry. You'll need to vent it a bit to get the remaining moisture out of the under mattress area by either lifting a corner of the mattress or else lifting the cover off the middle hinge area to expose the underside as in the pic above. I also make no safety guarantees, the stuff has some UL fire resistance but if you drop your cig or an electrical fire causes you injury or death, you're on your own.

What would it cost me to get a sheet cut for me for the exact same tent?
I'll pay shipping:)

FB - $40, where u live?
Mat - plastic

Pete Ill take it and I am local.. No shipping. My tent is the same as yours, no? Will throw in a 6 pack of your choice.

Had a look on their site, was that the 1/2" or 3/4" thick material?
I think it's a great idea and would buy some for sure. I think the 3/4 might be better for air circulation, any idea how much more it is? Maybe we should organize a group buy for those interested. I would be down for the 3/4 thick stuff.

I had a similar problem in my trillium trailer. i threw some wool blankets under the mattress and aired it out when i could.

There's 2 available, sold and sold. So to confirm, you both have the same RTT as me? If so I'll cut to same dimensions including the notches for the hinge plates. Sailor don't forget my electrical items, if you want we can make a deal to include that + beer instead of cash.

It's actually 0.4". The place I went to, they guy only had this type in stock. They come in rolls 45' long, and that's only enough for 3 beds depending on the size, assuming 93" long.

After I cut lengths for 2 more beds the remainder will be 18" too short for a tent this size, though there might be enough left over if someone wants it just to line a small tent, or doesn't mind the overhang, will confirm this after I cut the 2.

Mat, a group buy would be a good plan, though I noticed that with my sleeping bags, no pillows, the material added enough thickness (0.4" x 2) to make folding up the RTT fairly tight, if you go thicker I'm not sure if it would cause any problems folding it closed or additional pressure on the zipper.

In the past, I've usually had the mattress, a sleeping bag, or a even a double sleeping bag, pillow and some blankets in there and it was good for room, so an additional (overall) 1.5" should fit. Granted you won't be able to leave a pack of clothes in there but I doubt many would to begin with. Not sure if your tent is different but mine has the velcro starps (4) before the cover goes over it, to hold it closed. I usually get those as tight as possible and the cover is easy to zip closed at that point. Thanks for the info.
Is anyone else interested in a thicker one?

One upper. Some people's kids

You'd just try and grind him anyways you cheap bastard! lol!

edit- oh, this is the new sensitive forum. Sorry foreal, I have no actual preconceived ideas about your parentage. Please don't leap off a bridge or anything. Sorry, sorry.

Oh I have your battery switch- we should get together after the long weekend.

Yes I have 2 available, one for sailor and one for you. PMing you with payment details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom