Does sunroof have its own fuse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I couldn't find the answer using the search. My windows are working fine but the sunroof does not. Pressed the buttons but I don't even hear any clicks from the motor.

2003-2005 100:

#50 SUN ROOF 25amp Electronic moon roof

Toyota Land Cruiser – fuse box – left side kick panel

Toyota-land-cruiser-fuse-box-left-side-kick-panel-2006-300x212.jpg

1998-2002 100:

#47 POWER 40amp Power door lock control system, power windows, electric moon roof, power seat

Toyota Land Cruiser – fuse box – left side kick panel

Toyota-land-cruiser-fuse-box-left-side-kick-panel-300x227.jpg

Thanks, TxGuidedExpeditions. Looks like it's some other issues since everything else under fuse #47 is working.

My sunroof would make a click and that was it. I gave in and pulled it out to find the push/pull worm cables were seized up. I ordered a new set and it should be here tomorrow. On the bright side its really not that hard to drop the head liner and remove the roof assembly. Then again I'm only half way through so we will see how the install goes.

My wife told me that sunroof was not working and she could not even open the head liner to get to it to see what was happening.
Once I forced the head liner open by firmly rocking it open and closed I could only get a clicking noise and no movement.

After reading quite a few posts I learned that you need to push the buttons and help the sunroof open and closed. Even when there is no movement. The seals get soft and stick if it has not been opened for a while.
After pushing on it up, down, open, and closed for a minute or two I busted out some WD40 and sprayed around the sunroof seal. I then pushed it up and down and rocked it in the open and closed position again a few times and let it sit.

After a few repetitions I was then able to get the sunroof open about an 1/2 inch. I went to the gas station and used air to blow out the tracks. Not sure it helped but after returning and spraying some WD40 in the partial opening I was able to get it open about 1-2 inches.

After once again helping the glass as I pushed the button to open and closed.I then went and grabbed the PB Blaster.

That was when I started getting some movement.

I did the open and close 3-4 times and would then give another spray and wait another half an hour and repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.
It now fully opens and closes with no issues. I will be wiping down what I can from inside the tracks to get the remaining BP Plaster out and spraying some silicon grease on the cables today after work.

Key takeaways..

1. I was being way to gentle with it. Smack the glass around a little and loosen the seals. Push it up and down. Help by pushing and pulling it open or closed.
2. Once you get a little opening PB Blast away.
3. Progress is measured in 1/2 to 1" movements, not getting one instant opening.
4. Clean the gaskets/seals as you get it open. Mine were sticky. Not sure if that is because I often park under a tree or if it is because the seals are now 18 years old (99LX).

I recommend only trying to open and close it a few times before taking a break. My thoughts are that Sunroof motors are not meant to be used for long periods of time. ( I would rather work it for 1-2 minutes every 1/2 hour over a whole day than overdue it and have to remove the headliner and replace the motor because I was too impatient for the PB Blaster to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom