Dobinsons Suspension options for Sequoia 01-07 and 08+

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by crikeymike, Aug 27, 2018.

1. crikeymike

crikeymike Dobinsons Spring & Suspension USA Supporting Vendor

Hey Guys,

Breaking down our raised height suspension options for the Sequoia suspension that we offer. Links to photos and kit ordering info is also down below.

2001 to 2007 Models
    C59-344 - Front Coils - 45mm Lift 370/370mm free height, 651LB/IN
    C59-345 - Rear Coils - 45mm Lift 425/425mm free height, 212LB/IN
    GS59-222 - Front Struts - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 465mm extended, 335mm compressed
    GS59-682 - Rear Shocks - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 630mm extended, 382mm compressed

Dobinsons 1.75" Lift Kit for Toyota Sequoia 2001 to 2007 4.7L V8 - Dobinsons Direct

Parts are also available separately, PM me for pricing and info if needed.

2008 to 2018 Models - Does not suit Airbag suspension
    C59-476 - Front Coils - 45mm Lift 367/367mm free height, 685LB/IN
    C59-477 - Rear Coils - 45mm Lift 380/380mm free height, 624LB/IN
    GS59-710 - Front Struts - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 602mm extended, 445mm compressed
    GS59-713 - Rear Shocks - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 471mm extended, 315mm compressed
    DD59-530K - Front Diff Drop Kit

Dobinsons 1.75" Lift Kit for Toyota Sequoia 2008-2018 5.7L V8 - Dobinsons Direct

Parts are also available separately, PM me for pricing and info if needed.

Sequoia b.png

Sequoia c.png

mkmarz, Mad Matt, 240 Jordy and 2 others like this.
  2. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin

Would the '01-'07 parts you have listed work with an airbag equipped truck of the same era?

3. crikeymike

You would have to remove the air bags. As long as the top and bottom mounts are the same for the coils, you'd be fine, but if not, you'd have to create/fabricate coil seats to suit the regular Sequoia's.

OKadventurer likes this.
  4. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin

The other lifts that I've seen, either just spacers or new coils all have said they won't work with an '01-'07 Sequoia with air bags, but you didn't mention it so I figured I'd ask. I'd need to find one with bags for sale locally any put eyes on it to say for sure.

5. crikeymike

Yeah, like a GX470 requires an airbag to coil conversion on the bottom mount, it's probably similar with the Sequoia.

None of these 2 suspensions I listed are designed for the air bag setups, just the standard models. But that's not to say someone couldn't convert from air to coils then use these parts. We just don't make any conversion kit or have details on what would be needed to make that happen.

6. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin

Well, I did some looking last night, and the GX470 and Sequoia- or at least the '05 models of each- share part numbers for axle housings and airbags (and pretty much everything else suspension- wise in the rear end). Metaltech makes an airbag to coil spring conversion kit for the GX470, and unless someone can correct me, I'd imagine that the Metaltech kit would fit the '01-'07 Sequoia.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail your thread... I just wanted to pass on what I found related to my question.

OKadventurer and David Otero like this.
  7. crikeymike

No problem at all, that's really good information!!

Dindu Nuffin likes this.
  8. mulze42

mulze42

Mike, I currently have the GS59-685s in the back on my 06 Sequoia after it was discovered that the Bilsteins for the FJ that are commonly used are at full extension and want to say that they ride really well so thank you.

With that being said I'm looking to replace the front suspension soon and was thinking about the Dobinson's and was wondering if the front setup could hold a brute force fab bumper in the front while keeping a 1.75" lift?

David Otero likes this.
  9. crikeymike

Sorry man, I thought I had written out a reply, but I guess not.

The C59-344 is the heaviest front coil we make for this truck. What sort of weight does that bumper add? It would probably go down to like 1.5" to 1.6" of overall lift with the weight of that bumper.

10. mulze42

mulze42

No worries. I'm actually not sure about the weight of a BFF front bumper. I just now that people use 700lb springs for their setups using other suspension setups.

11. Mad Matt

Mad Matt

Do you recommend using aftermarket UCA with the 2008+ lift? Seems like a no-brainer with a lift over 3" but this is such a mild lift it seems like they might not be needed :meh:

12. Dindu Nuffin

Dindu Nuffin

So here's some more good info... I bought an '06 Sequoia Limited today, and the guy I bought it from swapped the bags for coils and said it was a direct R&R... no fabrication, no Metal Tech conversion kit... just removal of the air bags and installation of OEM Sequoia coil springs. He said he replaced the shocks as well because he wasn't sure if the airbag shocks would be different, but as with the springs, he went with OEM non- airbag shocks that bolted right up. I looked underneath and the perches on the axle looked like they'd been there since new. I asked him to include all the parts he removed and when I pick it up tomorrow, I'll post up some pics of the bags and perches.

So... I suspect that your rear coils may indeed fit an otherwise unmodified airbagged first gen Sequoia without any mods at all. Wanna send me a set for research and analysis? ;)

Mad Matt likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.