Dobinsons Rear Bumper for 100 Series? Any Good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some info from that Facebook group... this is an MCC Rear Bar that is being rebranded and distributed by Dobinsons USA, which explains why there is no info on it when searching Google.

Still trying to find out if it is crap :)

Rear Carrier Bars MCC 022- 02

Did the OP buy it?

I don’t think he ever did but I have one and love it. I have smacked it on anything and everything and it’s stout as can be. I bought this jerry can holder from C4 fan and custom fit it. The single can holder it comes with sucks.

B22BF625-728E-49EE-B61A-930C53056079.jpeg

Honestly, a BIOR High Clearance bumper is 1,250 and then a spare tire swing out is 675, your saving marginal money for less quality.

how I look at it is I am already spending $1,600, id rather spend another $400 and get a better product....

If you match the BIOR with the Dobinson with shipping its $1000 more.
1250+675+325+275 plus shipping

Not saying it's not worth it. But for my situation the Dobinson satisfies my needs.

Honestly, a BIOR High Clearance bumper is 1,250 and then a spare tire swing out is 675, your saving marginal money for less quality.

how I look at it is I am already spending $1,600, id rather spend another $400 and get a better product....

What makes it inherently better?

FWIW I did get mine used for well under new price...which certainly affected my decision. But I am 100% satisfied with the quality.

Last edited:
What makes it inherently better?

FWIW I did get mine used for well under new price...which certainly affected my decision. But I am 100% satisfied with the quality.

Objective reasons: Better Clearance. I am assuming lower weight.

Personal Reasons : support a small fabrication shop and active 100 series contributor. Looks 10x better.

If you match the BIOR with the Dobinson with shipping its $1000 more.
1250+675+325+275 plus shipping

Not saying it's not worth it. But for my situation the Dobinson satisfies my needs.

Hmm I didnt know BIOR rear could take advantage of 3 swingouts ;)

I understand, and its nice there is a price point for everyone.

Hmm I didnt know BIOR rear could take advantage of 3 swingouts ;)

I understand, and its nice there is a price point for everyone.

This is a guess but I think you have to buy the accessory arm plus what accessory you want on your second arm.

This is a guess but I think you have to buy the accessory arm plus what accessory you want on your second arm.

Bingo. 325 for 2nd swing out and $275 for 2 Jerry can holders.

If I wasnt married then my budget would def be bigger.

I don’t think he ever did but I have one and love it. I have smacked it on anything and everything and it’s stout as can be. I bought this jerry can holder from C4 fan and custom fit it. The single can holder it comes with sucks.

View attachment 2128864
How involved was swapping the Jerry can mount?

How involved was swapping the Jerry can mount?
The Dobinson’s carrier bolts on to a bracket that’s welded to the arm. I just used some existing holes and drilled out a few others and bolted it on to that footing on the swingarm bracket. It was very sturdy. My only complaint is it carried a little low. Since the cans face parallel to the vehicle with the C4, it hung back a little far. I scraped it once or twice climbing up or down various obstacles.

I actually just sold my Dobinson’s a couple months ago. I bought a 4x4 labs kit and built it myself, I bought another C4 carrier but this time I just welded it on since everything was apart. I really did like my Dobinson’s but the clearance on this labs bumper and overall look is much better.

I stand by that for the money the Dobinson’s is a great bumper. It’s stout as hell. I beat on it hard and it kept on ticking. I liked that the swing arms pinned shut and I like that they were self supporting with the little rubber feet on the swing arms. These labs arms sort of float in the center so you get a lot more play.

E1B38A03-4296-4E7C-BC65-2EF8578180EA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom