Dobinsons 2" lift kit install on 2011 GX460 (Orange County) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to the members who pointed me to Kyle at Treaty Oaks Offroad for my lift kit. Got it installed and aligned yesterday (Dobinsons 2" Medium Lift Kit on 2011 GX460 base). Took four hours including alignment and driving between Saddleback Automotive (Costa Mesa) and the alignment shop, Costa Mesa Brakes, Inc. Lift looks higher than 2" (forgot to measure the stock lift, so can't be sure). Rides better than stock, on road compliance is the same or improved, but less sway and dive.

I was impressed with the quality of work done by Victor at Saddleback (and his boss Adam, who checked Victor's work every 15 minutes or so) and Carlos at Costa Mesa Brakes (who also checked every step of his technician's progress, and test drove my car twice to verify a job well done). I watched both of them from start to finish and they treated my vehicle as if it were their own.

Carlos at Costa Mesa Brakes say's he aligns a newly lifted GX almost weekly, and Saddleback Automotive does a lot of lifts in general, and seemed dialed in on the GX platform. Both excellent shops from my experience.

Now to pick wheels, which I've been obsessing over for two months.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

The 17" Icons I have with LT285/75 BFG M/T KO2's on my rig work great!
Personally I think the gun metal gray would look awesome on your GX.

Also, a little off post, but you sound like you're in Orange County. My wife and I are looking at joining an off-road club in San Juan Capistrano.
Just saying.
If you're looking for a reason to see a little dirt with your new toy, so far this club seems to be a very responsible club and not into destroying peoples vehicles on trail runs. They have trail runs from stock 4X4 Tacoma ability to camping and rock crawling (not all on the same event, of course). They also qualify everyone to be sure their rigs are capable of the trail ride to help minimize damage or accidents.

If you want to check them out, PM me and I'll give you their website and info. I could use another Lexus/Toyota on their trail runs. They're about 95% all Jeeps... :p

The 17" Icons I have with LT285/75 BFG M/T KO2's on my rig work great!
Personally I think the gun metal gray would look awesome on your GX.

Also, a little off post, but you sound like you're in Orange County. My wife and I are looking at joining an off-road club in San Juan Capistrano.
Just saying.
If you're looking for a reason to see a little dirt with your new toy, so far this club seems to be a very responsible club and not into destroying peoples vehicles on trail runs. They have trail runs from stock 4X4 Tacoma ability to camping and rock crawling (not all on the same event, of course). They also qualify everyone to be sure their rigs are capable of the trail ride to help minimize damage or accidents.

If you want to check them out, PM me and I'll give you their website and info. I could use another Lexus/Toyota on their trail runs. They're about 95% all Jeeps... :p

Thanks. Yes, I intend to take you up on your offers to meet (very generous, thank you). My schedule is really hectic right now though, so I've been hesitant to commit. I'll PM you my info. P.S. - We are headed to ZIon this Friday. No serious wheeling planned but I'll try out the lift sans tires on something.

Nice, I got the 2" HD setup being delivered tomorrow, I went with 275/70/17 after much distress lol, no rubbing desired, wheels and tires wise at least :censor:

Great looking rig! Post some pictures with new tires. Sent you a PM.

Can you take some fender height measurements? Curious on how the 2” lift actually raises the truck.

Which just a 2” lift are there any concerns on the CVs going bad with the new angle?

Which just a 2” lift are there any concerns on the CVs going bad with the new angle?

No, and I don't believe there would be if you keep it 2.5" or under. Here's how it looks with the FN Wheels Six Shooter in Graphite Gunmetal with Falken AT3 265/70/17 P-metric. The appearance change from stock wheels to these was dramatic, but the iPhone camera widens things out a bit and does not look as nice as the real thing.

2011 GX460, Knights Armor Pearl Gray.

I'm riding a rigid-@$$ ride right now on bumps at speed, smooth cruising otherwise with the HD setup. I really hope it settles in when I add the bumper and winch soon. Still love her like the first day I saw her though ;)

I'm a little jealous I'll be honest, but I hope that mine settles in when the big additions are made :cool:

Looking to do the same, and am in the same area as you. What was your approx total cost w/labor?
Although I can't give you a cost for the suspension work done on mine since I had a lot of other things done also (compressor, bumpers, armor, winch, etc.), you may want to also check out YotaMasters in Corona. They do awesome work. I've been very pleased with everything they've done on my rig! Yotamasters - Quality parts and service

Although I can't give you a cost for the suspension work done on mine since I had a lot of other things done also (compressor, bumpers, armor, winch, etc.), you may want to also check out YotaMasters in Corona. They do awesome work. I've been very pleased with everything they've done on my rig! Yotamasters - Quality parts and service

Great thanks! Will check them out.

The bronze does look very nice on white! Not sure if you've seen them on my 2013 on my build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom