DIY fender lining (Part 2) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for the late pics. I've been in Fort Worth, TX and then had a cold when i got home.

Anyways, here are a couple of pics after i sprayed it off and then wipped it down with a towel. No major wash here, hence the dust run lines from the rinse in the lined part. I'm sure it will come off with a little more water/soap and some scrubbing.

:grinpimp:
Durabak2 015 (Small).jpg
Durabak2 016 (Small).jpg
Durabak2 017 (Small).jpg

couple more.
Durabak2 018 (Small).jpg
Durabak2 019 (Small).jpg
Durabak2 020 (Small).jpg

Very nice, I like where you put the lining on the door & the rocker. I have been debating going higher up the door but I think your height is the ticket.

It was one tape-roll width on the doors.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Hard to tell through the comp screen. Any signs of the aluminum tape through the durabak now that it's dried?

Not at all.

looks good never seen anything like that in Aus. My rockers are smashed with stone chips and that would hide it all perfectly.

topend yobbo said:
looks good never seen anything like that in Aus. My rockers are smashed with stone chips and that would hide it all perfectly.

Topend I've been looking for a DIY product like that down here. I went into a CarBitz, described it, and they said "Oh you mean rocker panel paint." I haven't tried it yet though. I want to coat the panel between the windscreen and the hood with black rubbery stuff to defeat sun glare and cover up some dents the PO put there (dropping things off his rack, I imagine).

No carbitz in Darwin but suspect if i got off my ass and looked around would find somethind . You have agood idea there though . My white cruiser glares a bit.

Hey concrete, Im wondering do you have any pictures of the bottom of the rocker panel, Did you tape off the rocker panel drain holes?

Or just not paint it on that far down?

Thanks

its painted all the way to the bottom, hell its painted all the way up to the widows now, almost covering all of that 6M1 :D but his drains are still functional.

trev,

I rolled the stuff on right over the drain plugs, then popped them out. After the paint dried, i put them back in.

its painted all the way to the bottom, hell its painted all the way up to the widows now, almost covering all of that 6M1 :D but his drains are still functional.

true. . .
spray liner finish 004 (Medium).jpg

I put on two thick coats, and a third in some places to ensure it looked uniform.

I think lining the flares would be doable, i would take them off to do them though. This stuff is very messy, and the slightest screw up makes for a big mess. The hard part will be taking the flares off without breaking anything.

By the way, if anyone needs any of the gasket material for the flares i have some new in the box OEM gasket i'll sell.

Do you still have the fender flare gaskets? How much and what color? thanks

Do you still have the fender flare gaskets? How much and what color? thanks

You can get flare gaskets from CruiserDan. I think they are 15-20 bucks for al of them. I got mine in black.

is this product available in a tintable version. Id love to match the color of my flares and lower rockers to the rest of my rig. As soon as i find a good photo ill have to ask someone to photo shop my idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom