Distributor Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

15k on mine installed SEPT 24, 2017. Still working fine and dry

I am using this one in mine. About 2 years now. When I got the 80 my alternator was soaked. There was plenty of oil in the cap so i wasn't lucky enough to just have to replace the o-ring. Few weeks later the alternator died. Don't think they like being oiled so much.

I just ordered this one and noticed that there is no notch on the shaft like the oem one. As long as it’s lined up with cylinder 1 like oem it should be fine, right?

It needs to be on cylinder one after it rotates a little upon insertion. The notch is just to make it easier. You can mark the new one with something by comparing it to your old one.

Also a few months ago I pulled mine out after I learned to Rebuild the oem ones. So keep your old one.

Last edited:
It needs to be on cylinder one after it rotates a little upon insertion. The notch is just to make it easier. You can mark the new one with something by comparing it to your old one.

Also a few months ago I pulled mine out after I learned to Rebuild the oem ones. So keep your old one.
Lol old on was cheap aftermarket one which i never thought was replaced to begin with, which led to it failing. So put in another cheap on just make sure it was it before dropping $500 on a oem. So it fired right up this morning and smooth as a camry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom