Dirt/MX/Enduro bike and trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about buying a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier and then buying a little dirt bike to tool around the camp grounds and a little exploring as well. So am wondering if anyone has done or though of something similar and what carrier would be a good one. Also dirt/mx/enduro bike options.

I was thinking about a Honda XR 150 or so Something very low maintenance and reliable. Would love to hear people's thoughts.

Bought an XR250L with the idea that I could use it around the pits and for parts/dinner runs. Never used it that way. It sat for too long so I sold it. FWIW I think a 150 is too small of a bike unless of really short stature, but seeing the Harley in your sig I'm kinda doubting that. I'm 5'11" and ~225 lbs. The 250 was almost big enough for me as a beginning dirt rider with no room to grow into. I say look at the 400's.

I bought a hitch carrier and even splurged for a heavy duty one. I tried putting the bike on and it did not inspire confidence, not the execution but the basic concept. So I never used it.

The custom fab'd hitch rack that came with my XR tied into the bumper at both ends as well as using the receiver hitch. Something that only employed the hitch would make me nervous too.

Thanks for the feedback. As I did more research I am thinking about a bigger bike like a drz400 supermoto style. But now I am worried about the trailer hitch thing. Especially as the drz400 is much bigger than the 125 I was thinking about. I could go with a kendon but that kind of defeats the purpose of being more mobile.

@e9999 - which model/unit did you buy. I too was looking at the ones that were about $350 and weighed themselves 100 lbs. I thought that would be sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom