Difflock Light Indicator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fella's, I had an issue 2 weeks ago with my Land Cruiser, it's a 1993 with 1FZ-FE engine.
2 weeks ago I have shifted the Transfer Case lever into the L position, so the Center Difflock light turned on, but when I shift the lever into the H position the light never turned off, I've investigated with some help of a friend (who it's a Land Cruiser mechanic) and I've found that probably I need to change the actuator switch (part number 600-554). So yesterday I changed it and the light still on and I don't really know what is the problem.

I need some help☹

I attach the following image of the part that I changed.
received_211495743420728.jpeg

If you turn tight circles on pavement, do the tires chirp, or does the truck resist forward movement? If so, it's likely that the actuator isn't doing its job, and your CDL is locked.

Yes, the tires chirp and I can't drive it smoothly like a normal FJ80, there's something stuck on the Transfer Case but I don't know what is it.

It's the center differential lock actuator. It's not disengaging the locker. You may have to pull it off and clean it out, or replace it.

Check your fuses. The actuator is electrically powered. If your fuse failed it would stay locked. Your photo shows the sensor that controls the dash lights. Look on the rear of the transfer case for the 4Low position sensor which senses the the shifter position.

Check your fuses. The actuator is electrically powered. If your fuse failed it would stay locked. Your photo shows the sensor that controls the dash lights. Look on the rear of the transfer case for the 4Low position sensor which senses the the shifter position.

I've checked the fuse and it's in a good condition, so I don't know if the next step is remove the actuator, open it and clean it out.

It's the center differential lock actuator. It's not disengaging the locker. You may have to pull it off and clean it out, or replace it.

Thanks for yor reply, I want to check all other stuff before pull the actuator off because the space it's too tight and difficult to access; I need to remove the transmission with the transfer case to pull it out?

Thanks for yor reply, I want to check all other stuff before pull the actuator off because the space it's too tight and difficult to access; I need to remove the transmission with the transfer case to pull it out?
I've never done it, but in talking with @richardlillard1 you'll need to drop the rear of the drive train down a bit but it's not necessary to remove the tranny or transfer. Care should be taken to make sure the various hoses and electrical connections don't get stretched too far and other parts don't get damaged, such as the radiator or shroud due to the fan moving.

I've never done it, but in talking with @richardlillard1 you'll need to drop the rear of the drive train down a bit but it's not necessary to remove the tranny or transfer. Care should be taken to make sure the various hoses and electrical connections don't get stretched too far and other parts don't get damaged, such as the radiator or shroud due to the fan moving.

too bad Chompie’s is closed right now...

All joking aside, let’s see what Kevin had to say on the subject...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom