Different take on ARB wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is my simple take on using the stock diff lock computer and wiring to run an ARB locker. This method uses one extra wire, unless you want to add a separate switch to lock the front diff by its self.

Originally I did this as I added an ARB to the front of my 80 since the original E-Locker had been traded off.

First you need to order a single coil self latching DPDT relay(and two inexpensive diodes, I used 1N4001)
IMG_20190117_160315_1.jpg

The wire it up as below. The colors listed are the wire colors at the stock front locker wire harness connector on the passenger fender. Comp V+ switch would be you switch that enables the compressor to run, and the extra FR switch takes the ground from your CDL lock switch and allows you to lock the front diff separately as long as the CDL is locked. Ignore the small G-R and G-O colors near the F-R only switch, those are the pigtail wires I used from an extra hazard light switch I used as the front locker only next to the factory switch.
IMG_20190117_160256_8.jpg

This all turns into this
IMG_20190117_160647_9.jpg

Then this...
IMG_20190117_161937_2.jpg

Right now I have the pins stabbed into the factory harness, while I wait for the correct housing to arrive. The extra wire you see is the wire used to lock the front ARB separately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom