Difference in rear OEM tanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DamoPeru

SILVER Star
Threads
This tank is from a gasoline FJ70, after an acid dip I'm using it to retrofit the rear OEM auxiliary tank system to my diesel HZJ78. Shape is fine, but does anyone know if there is any differences between this and the diesel version in terms of internal pipes, breather and fuel hose diameters? I'll replace the intake return with the diesel version, hoping it will fit but not sure
IMG_20170417_1528473.jpg
IMG_20170417_1537303.jpg

no help here, where are ya mounting it? how? using the standard tank straps?

All i can add is that you must get the correct rubber seals for diesel fuel.

There is differences in fuel line diameters but I couldn't say if the tank in/oulets are different in diameter.
The FJ7* were 6mm and the HZJ7* were 8mm but I think they went to 12mm after 99.
I used the FJ7* pick up and tank on the 1HZ conversion, no problems.

There is differences in fuel line diameters but I couldn't say if the tank in/oulets are different in diameter.
The FJ7* were 6mm and the HZJ7* were 8mm but I think they went to 12mm after 99.
I used the FJ7* pick up and tank on the 1HZ conversion, no problems.
great info, many thanks rosco.

no help here, where are ya mounting it? how? using the standard tank straps?
yes using standard straps, mounted in factory position. mine came with spare wheel underneath so i cut the chassis and added another crossmember similar to the factory one... its buried somewhere in my build thread, probably in first few pages i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom