Diesel filter swap with water separator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone discovered a filter like the racor that has the water separator bowl that would be a direct spin on to the OEM housing? It could be very well be that the bottom water separator spins on to something and sandwiches the fuel filter.

If not, what second fuel fitler/sedimentor would you guys suggest? Does that extra filter put a greater burden on the inline pump of a 12ht?

Are the Racor knockoffs of value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DIESEL-...RON-/111716260634?hash=item1a02cedb1a&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

Australian company Denco make an adapter and water bowl filter running common cat type filters. I run one and filters cost me $3.50 compared to $35.00 for OEM so that is an added bonus.

thank you for replying to my thread. You wouldn't by chance know part numbers, would you? Trying to search on Denco, the search engine keeps giving "Denso" results.

didn't see anything for the 60 series and no contact e-mail. I guess it's through facebook which I don't use...

I'm running the 45gph racor.
Had to fab up a bracket, only running a 10 micron at this point. I don't know how the 2 micron would do with winter use and such.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437724806.040146.jpg

You have a model number? I like the size of this one. I'm calling racor today to get something specific, I hope. Thanks for sharing.

ForealBoreal, Thanks for the replies. That number 445rx will work and the 600 series as well. I'm having confirm via e-mail (said so over the phone I believe) the 445r, as I like the back up primer (if needed as such) and the smaller footprint. Now where to find space for it!

Does anyone know if the flow on a 12ht is less than 45 gallons per hour? the tech gave me the useful answer of "As long as you do not exceed the 45gph flow than it will work,"

Does anyone know if the flow on a 12ht is less than 45 gallons per hour? the tech gave me the useful answer of "As long as you do not exceed the 45gph flow than it will work,"

If you where flowing 45gph, you would burn a full gas tank every half hour or so...I think you will be fine.

The 45gph is enough for a duramax.... Its PLENTY for any cruiser.
I have no problems priming fuel with mine. (FILL THE FILTER TO THE BRIM THEN PRIME)

On the 13B-T, fuel combustion at 100kph is about 11 liters/hour or 2.5gph
The Fuel Feed Pump delivers 0.9 liters/minute at 1000 RPM, and presumably 2.25 liters/minute [35gph] at 2500 RPM
The 32.5gph difference is returned to the tank
The filters should be sized for the maximum Fuel Feed Pump flow at 3000 RPM ie. 43gph.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom