detroit ez locker sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i bought 2 ez lockers to put in my yota iam runnin 35's and dual cases on stock gearing in both the cases and the 3rds the ez locker greanaded in the rear i lost all traction it would just click like when you breaka a axle shaft so im wondering if i got any chance in getting my money back at all and has any one had any bad experiences with the ez lockers whatdo you guys thimk about full spools ? for the time being i welded arear end i had a as spare and its working great do any of you guys have the same set up how do you like it .

I really like a welded rear, even on the street... Sounds like you busted the pins in the ez locker. How long did you run it?

Weve never had an issue with an EZ Locker. Sound like it has either been set up wrong or has an issue from detroit. Did you call and check with them?

IMO- Aussie lockers are the easiest and most cost effective. Mine work like a charm.

My suggestion: save use the money to get a new keyboard. Get one that has capital letters and punctuation.

(Old fart member of the grammar police squad)

I really don't know how that locker broke.

I have been running Ez-lockers (when they still made them) and lock rights in Toyotas and Samurai's for years, beating the crap out of them and have never broke anything. From what I hear the Aussie lockers are tough too.

I have never run dual transfers though, that might be the difference. That's a lot of torque multiplication for any axle to deal with.

Might be time to upgrade to the V6 rear? It's much better built than the 4 cylinder case. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom